Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 255 now bike is a turd?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:50 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE 255 now bike is a turd?

Hi all I am having a ****ing nightmare of a time right now,

Bike=2010 WG Performance machine AC, sideshots with QQ BCT baffles TTS map CAA 176 03

Here is the deal i had my bike tuned great (not the map listed above the same one but not for the one with the SE255 in it)

so bikes runs hard and is all ok I drop it in for a service and had asked them to do a SE255 cam at the same time.

finally gets done (two days) and I get it back and its a pig I mean it feels dead and has no power at all, ok its the map i say so i go home and drop in the map above (the one for the SE255 cam) it improves slightly but no much the thing is a pig now way shape of form is anywhere near stock power and TQ.

Now I am going out of my mind, what could be wrong, I talked him into opening it up again to check it next week but the questions i need a answer to follow below.
  1. Should the same bike setup with just the cam install be as good if not stronger than stock cam?
  2. Do I have to change the baffles to allow it to breath or are the QQ BCT baffles ok? I was planning to put some V&H quiet ones in when I did the new tune but I am freaking out now due to the power issue.
  3. Should I feel the cam in the seat of the pants at the light or does the SE255 kill the start etc? (should it be stronger than stock)
  4. Yes or no a tune is only going to pick up about 5% (at least all my other tunes have only been around that area)
  5. My bike feels down about 30% on stock cam this couldn't just be a tune issue could it
  6. Has anyone run that cam with the base map with tuning?
  7. I am mad or is the SE 255 cam a upgrade or downgrade?

Help guys I am losing sleep over this? freaking out thinking I have it all wrong and the dealer is right and I have stuffed up with cam choice and wrecked my ride??? help

Last edited by ==ShaDoW==; 09-21-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Those cams are for low to mid range power if your not feeling it then something is wrong. Did they change your pushrods cause you didn't mention? If not then that is it. your stock pushrods won't allow for the same lift with the new cams. I have experienced lower power and torque when using a quiet baffle, that's why I have them open now! But it should be nowhere near as bad as you are describing.

I have the 255 cams with my 103" , supermeg 2/1 exhaust with open end, arlen ness BS air cleaner, and PowerVision and it hauls ***! The dealer doing the work should be able to explain what was done and if it were a downgrade well, I think he would have warned you, but it is not.

Last edited by maddghost; 09-21-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain

he put in easy fit rods (or what ever the ones are that you don't adjust) and did the breathers as well i believe (at least I got my old breathers back).

Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Romark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May want to have it dyno tuned instead of a map download. I have 255's in my recent 103 upgrade with 10.5 pistons and my bike runs strong.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Borisat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cam timing ?

Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Borisat
cam timing ?
Not sure what you mean by that (due to my lack of knowledge), but i mapped the cam on the TTS and the in is set for 3 as per the graph upswing. as for the lining up of the cam etc he did all that i wasn't even there when he did it.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

While have 255's in my Ultra this thread still caught my attention .. I have 25,000 mile son my 255's now and quite happy with them .. Have the before and after Dyno Sheet this is a Cam Upgrade Only, using the the original lifters .. and got this much improvement .. So have to say something is not right there not sure what ..

Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Maybe he didn't seat the suction side O-ring of the oil pump properly causing sumping. .would cause the no power feeling you describe?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

tell em to open it up because something isn't right...you should be able to feel a difference if they were done right....

Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by mattVA
Maybe he didn't seat the suction side O-ring of the oil pump properly causing sumping. .would cause the no power feeling you describe?
Was thinking the same thing.

Quick Reply: SE 255 now bike is a turd?