Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big City Thunder Baffles Installed...Impression

Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Big City Thunder Baffles Installed...Impression

Well my baffles came in the mail today so I went ahead and slapped them on. I went with the original monster baffles. First impressions are that the sound is a little deeper and a little louder than the V&H stock baffles. I was kind of expecting them to be louder, but they do sound good. I tried using a phone app to measure the decibles between the two, but any app that I found maxed out at 101db's, wich both the V&H and Monster baffles reached easily, so I dont know truley the difference in decible levels. Wife says its louder (with a annoying look on her face....haha).

Took it for a spin around the block, claims are that you get better performance throughout the band, but I didnt go outside the neigborhood so dont know about all of that, and honestly wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyways.

Bottom line, for under $100 its a cheap upgrade and it sounds good, would recommend.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
edtompkins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WideGlide - similar story here - lower pitch, louder sound than from the V&H's stock. Like the sound better Power wise, it's about the same both local and hwy. Only thing was when installed, had more decel pop but I took to tuner (have PCIII) and got it all synchronized. You're right - for under $100 it was worth it.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plus you get a great t shirt!!

Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM
jason605
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed these too in V&H stepped drags. My impression is its definitely louder than stock baffles and about 20% less loud than no baffles which was just plain obnoxious. With no baffles bike lost a significant amount of low end torque and HP, with the Thunder monsters the bike ran just like the stock baffles. Well worth it IMO.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:09 PM
j2m
Advanced

Just installed QQ's on my 12 WG with VH Big radius. Definitely deeper tone, a lot less popping on decel (barely noticeable anymore) and not significantly quieter but maybe a touch quieter on idle and IMO much better tone from the pipes.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

"Wife says its louder (with a annoying look on her face....haha). "
You must be on the right track!

Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

just put a set of Monsters in my V&H long shots last night. I didn't like them at all but when I pulled back in the driveway my wifes says "NOW it sounds like it should". I stood back behind it while she revved it up and it does sound completely different from behind than from the seat. Guess I'll keep them but was sure thinking I got ripped off when I took them out of the box. Not much there for $80 but I guess they do what they claim.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Widow_Maker
Intermediate

Just installed the BS thunder original baffles on my 2007 Heritage with V/H Bigshot longs. I loved the sound of the original V/H Bigshot original baffles but after putting these in i wouldn't go back. Decibel rating on phone app right at pipe was around 110.

Nice low deep pitch and when you throttle it--put your ear plugs in!!

Very Nice Upgrade--but HATED dealing with those damn clamps on the Heat shields of V/H.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Now you are teasing me, had mine ordered 2 days ago, will put them on along with my cam upgrade. I can't wait!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

I've had both the original and QQ. Stuck with the QQ's. Deeper and smoother.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big City Thunder Baffles Installed...Impression