Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   12" Outlawz on Street Bob (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/813736-12-outlawz-on-street-bob.html)

2011 FXDB 04-05-2014 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ronniehbozemanjr (Post 12539918)
New to HD Forums, I have a 2006 FXDB and I am doing research for new bars and love Wild 1 Outlawz. My stock bars measure 10" from the clamps to the top of the bend in the bars. Wild 1's says I could stretch the cables for 12" bars and would love to put them on but was wondering if you had to do any extensions to your wiring. I don't want to buy 12's and then have to add on wiring fir 2". Your bike looks great, I am doing some similar mods.

Nothing special needed, stock cables and wires (2011).

- Dan

Normjr114 04-07-2014 08:23 AM

They look graet man. I just installed the 14" outlawz on my wide glide and love them.

I went with the longer Burly cable and wire kit, glad I did for the cables but probably wasn't needed for the wires. Now I have about 7 inches of extra wire piled up in that little hole haha.

jdub099 04-07-2014 08:57 AM

I like those bars a lot. Good job.

EDIT:

Goddammit, fell for epic thread grave digging.

Bbbadboy 04-07-2014 12:20 PM

That does look good. I'm back and forth between the 10"s and 12"s I'm 5'8"on 2011 Wg. with a C&C fastback which is pretty low. Do you have any profile pics with you on it ? An how tall are you ? I also have Rsd preorders with the Allen bolt adjuster center top. With a 1.5" riser do you think I'll be able to get a Allen wrench in there for adjustments ? Thanks.

wnt2gofst 04-07-2014 03:15 PM

hate posting in old thread but your Bob looks awesome. I will be doing black bars soon along with levers and mirrors.

2011 FXDB 04-07-2014 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bbbadboy (Post 12552524)
That does look good. I'm back and forth between the 10"s and 12"s I'm 5'8"on 2011 Wg. with a C&C fastback which is pretty low. Do you have any profile pics with you on it ? An how tall are you ? I also have Rsd preorders with the Allen bolt adjuster center top. With a 1.5" riser do you think I'll be able to get a Allen wrench in there for adjustments ? Thanks.

I don't have the bars on the bike any more (yes old thread....swapped in new bars twice since these)...., my suggestion if you are on the fence on height is to go with the taller ones. I had the 12's and second guessed not getting the 14's after. I have heard others say similar and never heard anyone with feedback the other way.

As far as clearance on the fork caps, I was running 1" risers (alloy arts) and had to drop the tubes a bit for the bars to clear.

Bbbadboy 04-07-2014 07:42 PM

Oh sorry . I didn't catch the old post thing. Thanks for the in put.

ryanobrian 02-24-2017 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Normjr114 (Post 12551503)
They look graet man. I just installed the 14" outlawz on my wide glide and love them.

I went with the longer Burly cable and wire kit, glad I did for the cables but probably wasn't needed for the wires. Now I have about 7 inches of extra wire piled up in that little hole haha.

I know this is an old thread... but are you still glad you went with the 14''s? I'm looking at going that route for my wide glide. Think I can get away with the stock cables?

bigbadpoppa 02-24-2017 09:02 PM

If you can wait 4 week, I will have my 14s installed and attempt stock cables.

when I measure these 14s I have in my garage, I notice they are really only 2 inches higher than stock SB bars. I think the 12 outlawz sit closer to stock bar height. Every manufacturer measures their bars different. I would say these are shorter 14s. Hence the sit approx 2 inches higher than stock bars. We will see...

ryanobrian 02-24-2017 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa (Post 15968210)
If you can wait 4 week, I will have my 14s installed and attempt stock cables.

when I measure these 14s I have in my garage, I notice they are really only 2 inches higher than stock SB bars. I think the 12 outlawz sit closer to stock bar height. Every manufacturer measures their bars different. I would say these are shorter 14s. Hence the sit approx 2 inches higher than stock bars. We will see...

gotcha, I can wait. I should have mentioned that these would be going on a WG though.