Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Exhaust - Which is the loudest?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob Exhaust - Which is the loudest?

Check out Vance and Hines, they have some nice pipes and to be honest the short shot staggereds are what I have and they are loud, not as loud as some but enough I think. You can listen to the pipes on the website and see what you think.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:54 PM
ghostlight
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put on the Vance and Hines straight shot slip ons and I love what they did for the sound of the bike. They rumble but they aren't obnoxious.

The following users liked this post:
perfect7liberty (04-07-2018)
Old 01-31-2007, 08:59 PM
lolife
Road Warrior

runnin pythons..............no baffles.....................straight.............. .............................................yes im....the obnoxious one............................................... .................LO............................... ..................

[IMG]local://upfiles/19303/A1BF818111814EFC948B21DB961ED520.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 PM
ghostlight
5th Gear

Funny, nothing wrong with being loud.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Loud for the sake of loud is not what I am about. I DO believe that Loud Pipe Save Lives but want to moderate my appreciation for the sound of a big twin with the desire for increased performance at real world of the street r.p.m.s and the desire to not just have obnoxious sounding pipes. I run a Thunderheader.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Basic
Road Captain

I second the Bassani Pro-Streets. Any louder would be obnoxious and I like loud bikes and loud cars. They have a great tone to them as well...fairly deep and sound pretty hot rod. Plus they make the more power than any short dual pipe setup out there if that's the look you are going for.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

I third the Bassani's. Awesome sound and just as loud as my buddies drag pipes on his RK, just throatier (sp?) and deeper. Much better than the SE's.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6080/A342C143B14C492BAB2D3F856F1E1B90.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

I can't accurately compare any other pipes than V&H Big Radius and SEII'S with BCT baffles. My closest riding buddies have the big radius, one on a wide glide and one on a fatboy. I can tell you that my pipes are louder and do have a deeper sound...I am not saying it is a better, I'm just stating the facts.....those big radius are great looking pipes...and they should be because they are big $$$. I say go for the look first and then check out the sound...
jdog

Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
HogBack
Road Master

Love the Harley "rumble"...way cool....

Old 01-31-2007, 11:44 PM
waterman7474
Road Master

dude, first of all, i know your new here and probably a little excited about having a scooter but you need to learn how to do a search. i looked at what other posts you have put up and everyone you have started have been answered (to death actually). by doing a little searching you could learn a lot. trust me, most (not all but most) of the basice stuff that everyone wants to know about........everyone has talked about: i.e. pipes, seats, pillions, tourpacks, 11 inch shocks, pegs, 180/200 rear tire, powercommander/sert, how to post a picture.........! (i have a feelin' your about to ask about the last four next).[sm=deadhorse.gif] trust me, on these subjects, you have HOURS of reading to do...........it'll give you a headache.......i even took notes, printed out and started a binder to keep it all straight.

secondly, loudest for the "street bob" is kind of a ill-thought out question. loudest for a dyna, might have been better, but no. loudest on a tc88a if'n you wanna be real specific. (i'll save ya the search, TwinCam 88inch motor. the a is for non-balanced but thats not important right now {that's an Airplane reference btw})

thirdly, that question would be best posted in the "Engine/Fuel/Intake/Exhaust" forum located here (https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_265/tt.htm) bout 1/3 way down this page (https://www.hdforums.com/)

sorry, that may be a little stiff but trust me, i've been on the receiving end of a WHOLE lot meaner round here.

lastly, i'm all about loud pipes (the louder the better) and my pythons with the big city thunder baffles (look that up too) are SUPER loud. almost too loud i'm beginning to think.

oh, yeah, welcome to the madness. Everyone: salituro, salituro: Everyone

and when you get your scoot, welcome to the club!

Quick Reply: Street Bob Exhaust - Which is the loudest?