Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna wheelies??

Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 AM
G-Lock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna wheelies??

Watching some vids of Dyna wheelies. Check out the rear shock mounted behind the axel. Is this specifically to help do wheelies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gmCnlXt_Hpc

Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 AM
USMCBattles
Tourer

i dont think so i have seen a bunch of sb not like them rocking them hard btw if u search u will find one that has decent info everyone says tons of power but thats not the case eather ive tryed finding set ups good luck people dont like telling

Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 AM
G-Lock
Tourer

You know I think it was an FXR. Arent their shock mounts like that from the factory?? Damm... I could have picked one up a few years back.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice lol

Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

It's an fxr. Their shocks are mounted farther back.

There's no top secret setups for doing wheelies. That's probably why nobody will tell, cause its funny when people that can't ride are always asking. Knowing how to ride a wheelie is the first step. I suggest you start on a bicycle. Then move to dirt bikes or quads. A little extra power and gearing definitely helps but you don't need a ton of power. Huge power is just cheating. Anyone can wheelie when all you have to do is twist the throttle. When I bought my bike it had stock gearing, mini apes, 12" shocks and made 88/93 and I wheelied the **** out of it. Now it makes 96/96, better gearing, sticky tire, dx shocks and bars and it wheelies like that's its job. I clutch it up in 1st or 2nd get it on the balance point grab 3rd and feather it out to the rev limiter, about 85 mph. Still working up the ***** to grab 4th. 120mph wheelies are one thing on the buell but It's a little different with 650 lbs in the air. Oh, and always cover the brake. These guys actually use the rear brake and keep it right on the balance point. They can bring it past the balance point, smash the taillight and tap the brake and keep going. A little above my skill level for now Haha.

Last edited by vdop; 11-26-2012 at 09:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
B.Cole (07-13-2017)
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Cool, now I'm stuck watchin lol!!!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

That's pretty bad ***.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More than one FXR in that video...

Some things that help:

Mid controls, short T bars or motocross style bars.. Also stiff rear shocks

It's possible but very awkward to wheelie with forward controls and apes..

The practice on a dirt bike to get a feel is very good advise...

Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
USMCBattles
Tourer

Originally Posted by vdop
It's an fxr. Their shocks are mounted farther back.

There's no top secret setups for doing wheelies. That's probably why nobody will tell, cause its funny when people that can't ride are always asking. Knowing how to ride a wheelie is the first step. I suggest you start on a bicycle. Then move to dirt bikes or quads. A little extra power and gearing definitely helps but you don't need a ton of power. Huge power is just cheating. Anyone can wheelie when all you have to do is twist the throttle. When I bought my bike it had stock gearing, mini apes, 12" shocks and made 88/93 and I wheelied the **** out of it. Now it makes 96/96, better gearing, sticky tire, dx shocks and bars and it wheelies like that's its job. I clutch it up in 1st or 2nd get it on the balance point grab 3rd and feather it out to the rev limiter, about 85 mph. Still working up the ***** to grab 4th. 120mph wheelies are one thing on the buell but It's a little different with 650 lbs in the air. Oh, and always cover the brake. These guys actually use the rear brake and keep it right on the balance point. They can bring it past the balance point, smash the taillight and tap the brake and keep going. A little above my skill level for now Haha.
i hate to call u out but ive ben ridden my whole life racing and ridding street bikes the past 6 with the proof. show me a vid of you on your stock sb wheeling it not just popen it up but you wheeling prove it or it didnt happen as they all say. you cant compare a bicycles i can ride my zx6 a wheelie for a quater mile tell me its the same.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

I'd ask Buddy Suttle-or Unknown Industries

http://www.youtube.com/user/113rideordie
https://www.facebook.com/pages/unkno...s/343947711850

Last edited by Sling Blade 14; 11-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyna wheelies??