Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrowed it down to the V&H competition 2-1 and the D&D bobcat... Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 AM
13bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrowed it down to the V&H competition 2-1 and the D&D bobcat... Need advice

EDIT: now I am considering the D&D Fatcat And the D&D Bobcat for my 2013 street bob.

the Fat Cat has a nice deep rumble from what I can tell, never heard one in person .. I do a lot of long hours on the bike so I want the pipe that doesnt wear you down ie - not too loud.

The bobcat is relatively new so i dont expect to get much feedback on this pipe. there is only one decent youtube clip and it sounds pretty good, but hard to tell how loud it is.

Feedback on these 2 pipes would be great. Thanks

Last edited by 13bob; 01-14-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

The V&H is quite loud and sits really low to the ground too giving it much more of a tendency to scrap in right handers. I'm a D&D guy from way back.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

V&H has a deep rumble. I never thought it was that loud. They sell a baffle kit for it that quieted it down nicely and keeps most of the rumble. Once I'm moving on the highway I barely notice it. .I think the wind noise is more annoying. I would've left it un-baffled but wanted to try and get some backpressure (it's pretty open at the muffler/collector) when I did my cam change.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
The V&H is quite loud and sits really low to the ground too giving it much more of a tendency to scrap in right handers. I'm a D&D guy from way back.
Just read another thread yesterday about a guy scraping his comp pipe in right handers. If you like to ride corners hard at times, this would be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 01-09-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you ever plan on running bags, I wouldn't get the bobcat. It is a sweet pipe though for sure.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my vote is for the V&H. im not a big fan of the D&D pipes. just not my cup of tea. i was debating between the V&H comp and a thunderheader for my pipe but ended up with the TH. if i were to get a new pipe it would either be a V&H comp or an RB racing pipe.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Newark
Advanced

I have the V&H 2-1 comp, I like it so much more than the slip on V&H's that came on the bike when I got it. Definitely a lot lighter weight and seems to be a deeper rumble. Only issue I had was that my forward controls brake bar came in contact with the front head pipe. It was easily solved by off setting the bar.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 PM
13bob
Tourer

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. So far we have a few votes for the D&D and a few more for the comp pipe.

Still seems like there is mixed opinions on the V&H comp pipe. Some say its loud and others not so loud. Anyways, It's good to know about the scraping issue in right handers. That could be a problem for me as I like to ride pretty hard.

Anyone able to tell me how loud the comp pipe is compared to other popular pipes?

Thanks

Last edited by 13bob; 01-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
If you ever plan on running bags, I wouldn't get the bobcat. It is a sweet pipe though for sure.
Hi Apollo, I don't think I will ever run bags, so that won't be an issue. Yes I also think its a sweet pipe.

Thanks

Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by mattVA
V&H has a deep rumble. I never thought it was that loud. They sell a baffle kit for it that quieted it down nicely and keeps most of the rumble. Once I'm moving on the highway I barely notice it. .I think the wind noise is more annoying. I would've left it un-baffled but wanted to try and get some backpressure (it's pretty open at the muffler/collector) when I did my cam change.
MattVA, are you talking about the standard baffle that comes with the comp pipe or a special quiet baffle that you have to buy separately? I have had V&H pipes with their "quiet" baffles before and they sounded terrible to me. If I got the comp pipe I would stick with the standard baffle.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Narrowed it down to the V&H competition 2-1 and the D&D bobcat... Need advice