Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   exhaust??? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/840634-exhaust.html)

nmatheaus 01-26-2013 08:05 AM

exhaust???

Looking for aftermarket exhaust to put on a 2009 fatbob any suggestiins. i was looking at the vance and hines short shots but kept seeing that they dont put out any performance? Is this try. i also wanting a deep sound from the exhaust. Thats for the help

arkstreetbob 01-26-2013 08:16 AM

With shorts you will lose lowend. The best for power is 2:1 exhaust and have a good deep sound. I have had shorts and now Supertrapp Supermeg 2:1. The Supermeg sound ten times better and the power is night and day between the 2.

QC 01-26-2013 08:18 AM

Short Shots are pretty much for looks and loudness. I suggest you find a set you like the looks of, go to a bike night in your area and listen to them to see if you like the sound as well before you plunk down $500 or more.

rooti 01-26-2013 08:39 AM

2-1's for best performance and deepest sound. I have the pro pipe and love it

FXDWG12 01-26-2013 09:15 AM

Vance and Hines Big Shot's 2 into 2, best "All Around". Good looks. Good Performance and good sound.

nmatheaus 01-26-2013 09:39 AM

Looking for a two n two and the big radius was my first choice. did u have to get baffles or did it sound better without

Mike650 01-26-2013 09:55 AM

cycle shack. they perform better than V&H. sound better too.

Northbound Southerner 01-26-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by nmatheaus (Post 10825419)
Looking for a two n two and the big radius was my first choice. did u have to get baffles or did it sound better without

They come with baffles. I just installed a set last night. They sound great, the power is good but they are Fing loud...Not sure how long mine will stay on. I suggest you call Jamie at Fuelmoto. He can give you the best advice on this.

XKnight 01-26-2013 11:49 AM

Not sure if you're looking for a full exhaust or just slip ons, but here is my experience with 3 different slip ons for my Dyna WG.

Cycle Shack 2 1/2 Slip Ons - These are much lighter than stock and have a good tone. Not too deep in sound, but not shrill either. I ended up replacing these because they developed a blemish in the chrome that I could not remove.

Rush 3" Slip Ons - These were very easy to install as they fit using the stock mounting brackets. They have a deep rumble and are loud to my ears. I had the 2" baffles and found that the tone caused an unwanted reverberation when riding. I removed these because they were too loud. My ears started ringing even though I wear ear plugs and a helmet.

Screaming Eagle Slip Ons (EPA Complaint) - These look the best in my opinion and were very easy to install since they use the stock mounting brackets. They are definitely louder than stock and have a nice deep, but mellow rumble. They are exactly what I was looking for. My seat of the pants dyno also believes that these perform the best for normal street riding where you're using all the low end torque.

FXDWG12 01-26-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by nmatheaus (Post 10825419)

I prefer the Big Shots without baffles. My neighbors might offer a different opinnion tho. They are not really that bad during the day. But it sure seems quite around my place at 0500.