Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XB wheels on my street bob.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default XB wheels on my street bob.

Just a little teaser. Got them mocked up today and all spacers made. Just mock up tires on there for now. Front wheel will be black. Now I can piece together chain and brake parts for the rear. I have fatbob lowers going on the front, just need a caliper adapter. More to come once the front is painted and I get the parts and tires to finish it up. I think it looks pretty nasty so far.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I dig the wheels but I'm undecided on that perimeter rotor. I know that's what the XBs have but I can't decided if its too much on the Dyna. Nice work regardless.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool and different! Can't wait to watch the progress on this build!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
vdop
Road Master

Thanks. I really wanted to mount it with the rotor on the left side like stock but it just wouldn't be possible to mount the caliper on that side with the bleeder and line where they are. Not that I mind the look of the perimeter rotor, I just wanted it to be a little more subtle. Oh well, I'm not doing it for the looks, just function. They're a lot lighter, much better rubber available, and the perimeter brake has more stopping power and weighs a fraction of a Harley dual disc setup. The look is just a bonus. When I get chain, sprockets and a rear brake setup together I'm going to do a break down of the total weight savings over the stock stuff.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

this is a great build. good job. im tuned in

Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Very cool! How hard is it to get the caliper lined up on the Dyna legs?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang bad azz

Old 02-16-2013, 01:47 AM
66Vair
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This'll be awesome!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 AM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice i really dig that set up. Its different and I like that. Good **** homie cant wait to see it when its done.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM
vdop
Road Master

Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited now that I see it coming together. Trying to split funds between this and the motor to get it done by spring.

Originally Posted by Redbeard
Very cool! How hard is it to get the caliper lined up on the Dyna legs?
Well the caliper can only mount on the right side, and the factory street bob, like most dynas, has a left side brake. So I'm using fat bob (dual disc) lowers, which I have, but haven't put on yet. Even with the mount on the right side it still needs quite an adapter to bolt up. Eagle hd in Indiana used to do this swap on v rods, which have basically the same front end as a dyna with fat bob legs. They still have the program and are machining me an adapter. Not a very cheap piece of aluminum but still cheaper than one good rotor or caliper if I were going dual disc. If I decide the xb 6 piston isn't quite enough I'll find an 1125r massive 8 piston caliper.
The front was real easy to mount otherwise. I used a stock 08-up 25mm axle, same as the Buell bearings. I used the newer bagger aluminum wheel spacers. Machined down the left spacer to stock dyna size and the bagger right side spacer fit perfect.
The rear is another story. '06 dyna has 1" bearings and the buell rears are big 30mm, and the outside diameter Is bigger too so you can't use Harley bearings. I used a rear 08-up 25mm stock axle too with the same bagger 25mm front spacers. The spacers were long enough that I machined down most of the spacer od to fit inside the Buell bearing and support the center spacer and still left a lip to act like a wheel spacer and adapter. Then just machined some spacers for the rest. The stock caliper mount won't fit with the wider wheel. I ordered a chunk of 3/8 billet that will replace the right side spacer and I'll use to make a caliper mount under the swingarm with an adjustable link. Gotta go to the sportbike graveyard and pick out a caliper for the rear that I'll use with the stock xb rotor. I'm going to cut the factory mount off the swingarm. I'll take pics of everything when it comes back apart, I was too excited and in a hurry to stop in the middle.

Last edited by vdop; 02-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: XB wheels on my street bob.