Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front turn signal relocation wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM
19jake91
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Just relocate them to the garbage can.
I was thinking about that before, now I'm really thinking about it lol.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Grich171
Cruiser

ive done apes on a few newer models that have the 4 wires on each side and the one single wire on the throttle side...looks like youd have to extend the wires from the signal themselves and run them down to the forks

Old 03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
rossdog
Intermediate

I did this on my 2012 street bob with Joker machine fork mounted turns. I ran wires all the way from the housing to the signals and solder/shrink tubed to the blue/purple wires up near the housing as well as the ground. I also used an LED intensifier so they would remain running and turn signals. I spliced into the blue/purple up near the housing and ran them down through the bars, then spliced in the intensifier to the lead coming from the turn signal on the fork. I just packed the extra wires into the stock tubing and ran it back through the handlebars. It worked for me.

http://jokermachine.com/products/har...converter.html

Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Buzzfin
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 2012 street bob, there is another set of pig tails under the tank. You cut the wires from the signals where they go into the switch housing, then reattach to the spare wires under the tank.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
idnthv1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Buzzfin
On my 2012 street bob, there is another set of pig tails under the tank. You cut the wires from the signals where they go into the switch housing, then reattach to the spare wires under the tank.
Do you have any pics of this? Or of your install... I would like to see what extra wires you're talking about

Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by idnthv1
Do you have any pics of this? Or of your install... I would like to see what extra wires you're talking about
+2, I'd sure like to check that out too

Old 03-21-2013, 03:32 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzzfin
+1 on this. I thought I had a pic but must have erased it. I also located the spare connections in the wiring diagram in the back of the HD Service Manual. If you download the HD Front Signal Relocate Instructions for your bike, it will refer to these connections too.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 03-21-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
condition1
Advanced

I'm also watching this thread for any more info or pictures. I just got the Joker machine signals and am getting ready to do those when I do my new handlebars. I'm starting to get more and more worried that this is going to be a bigger job than I thought.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by condition1
I'm also watching this thread for any more info or pictures. I just got the Joker machine signals and am getting ready to do those when I do my new handlebars. I'm starting to get more and more worried that this is going to be a bigger job than I thought.
The hardest part of relocating my front turn signals was not locating the signal connectors under the tank, it was installing the tiny terminals on the three wires for each turn signal so they could fit into the connectors. By the book it should be done with a fancy Molex crimper tool - not sure where you get one or how much $$$, so I did it myself carefully with some needle nose pliers. It probably would be fine to just cut the connectors off and just twist the wires together and seal the connection.

To find the connectors under the tank, take seat off, pull the two fuel tank bolts, disconnect the fuel quick connect fitting, and carefully lift and move fuel tank backward a few inches(might place some old clean cloths underneath). There will be a wire harness shield held in place by two tabs - release the tabs and pull down the wiring and locate the two unused three pin connectors( one white for left signal, one black for right signal)

Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Buzzfin
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull out the large rubber grommet in the frame, right in front of your tank. Pull out the wiring and you should come across a black and white connector, each of which has three wires attached to it (see attached pic). There are lots of wires behind that grommet so it might take some digging to get them out. I clipped off the connectors and hard wired on mine, but if you have the HD relocation kit, it will include connectors that plug into these. This is how it is on 2012 and later Street Bobs. I'm assuming the Wide Glide is the same.

Attached Thumbnails Front turn signal relocation wiring-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Front turn signal relocation wiring