Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani 1d12r : Bad choice !

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 01:50 PM
chounig
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bassani 1d12r : Bad choice !

Hello from France.
In june a have baught a Bassani 1D12R 2into1 Road Rage for my 2015 FXDL.
Nothing to say with quality and look.
Problems :
-Very Noisy. The quiet baffle is an empty tube.
-Lot of backburns
-Huge lost of torque.
Decide to look for a real quiet "quiet" baffle. Not found.
Wrotte to Bassani. A guy:" Gary" told me to wait because they were working for a new quiet baffle in a few days. After some days, I wrotte again and he proposed me to ask to "R&D" ??? to make an experimental one for me. Said yes for 80usd and 30usd shipping. Paypal refused his mail adress. I send him my credit card information for 110usd but nothing happened. Wrotte again and he said he has received the baffle. Could be better for me to pay 50usd for shipping to have a tracking number.
I said no thanks because it' just an experimental baffle never tested. Somme days after, no money charged, I complain a bit, wondering how such a compagny like Bassani is not able to provide a tube with some holes. After some other past days, as I asked again for it: he said that the a mistake has happened and the quiet baffle doesn't fit for a 1D12R and he understood that I wasn't interrested anymore. I answered that yes ! I am still interested since more than two months and half and after more than 20 mails in whitch the reference 1D12R was everytime written. (how could he do such a mistake,). Finaly I decide to writte to the manager to explain that since more than two months I can't have any real answer.
Gary answered, telling me that he is the manager and he thought I was not anymore interested!
I said : Yes I am still interested. So he proposed me the same answer : I will ask to R&D to make an experimental one , etc... etc... In fact: same answer than two months before. I added that this will take time because "they are busy"!!!
After that, I understood that this guy took me for a real idiot and I told him the rest ... I sent this mail to 3 of them in this society but no one answered, of course !
So , now , for me : first of all :their engineers don't test seriously their pipes on the dyna modeles. (for the others bike, I don't know!)
They don't care of noise, torque and backburns. Torque is the most important thing on a HD engine. Isn't it?
Their after sales service is completly nonexistent
This manager is incompetent.
Took the customers for idiot.

My HD dealer tried 2 times to set the tune of the mape but in vain.
I will have to change this beautifull pipe but stovepipe and buy a Vance bigshot (they sell quiet bafles for it and they are efficient and less expensive)!
It's a shame. I have lost 3 months of blabla. I would have prefered he answered that there is not more quiet baffle and I can't do anything instead of promise bullshit.
Thank you for reading and sorry for my English mistakes.
Philippe.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:17 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you can wait it will be worth it. I have worked with him on several things. They are slow due to the volume of exhaust they make. A company, cant recall their name at the present, has a contract with Bassani and thy have piroity for everything they make. You are using the shorter version which is designed for upper rpm in mind. The longer versions are for tq.
a good tune can help some but not a solution to help with tq.
they are slow at times but they will come through.
i have no idea why you cant use paypal though.
i had a header crack and it was out of warranty. They sent a new set of the newer style exhaust system for free. Yes a complete exhaust system. It took a while. The v&h pro pipe is great for tq and has less noise.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:14 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Had Bassani, now D&D... would never buy Bassani again - they are not an organized company. Sorry to hear about your difficulties, been there, done that.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:32 AM
peter deering
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the propipe from v&h and loaded my own tune with pv. Seat of you pants. Louder than stock, but not over loud.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:31 AM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I will never purchase Bassani again. I recommend to everyone do not purchase Bassani. I purchased their 1D18 R for my wide glide. The muffler bracket was the wrong bracket. Eventually got that resolved. The rear heat sheild would not clear the timing cover. After sending photos to Bassani of the heat sheild hitting the timing cover they denied their was a problem. Finally took a grinder to the heat shield to gain clearance. The pipes drag horribly in moderate right hand turns. Bassani offered to make me a deal on a different set of pipes. After almost two months of no replies to emails or claiming they don't have any other pipes in stock, I have come to the conclusion that they will say anything at the time that sounds good to the customer. And then do nothing that they said they would do.

I plan on replacing these with D&D Fatcats.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:13 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

why would you wait so long and not reinstall your stock pipes until you either GET a baffle OR buy a different brand of pipes??????

Old 09-08-2015, 12:26 AM
chounig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
If you can wait it will be worth it. I have worked with him on several things. They are slow due to the volume of exhaust they make. A company, cant recall their name at the present, has a contract with Bassani and thy have piroity for everything they make. You are using the shorter version which is designed for upper rpm in mind. The longer versions are for tq.
a good tune can help some but not a solution to help with tq.
they are slow at times but they will come through.
i have no idea why you cant use paypal though.
i had a header crack and it was out of warranty. They sent a new set of the newer style exhaust system for free. Yes a complete exhaust system. It took a while. The v&h pro pipe is great for tq and has less noise.

Hello and thank you for your answer.
The 1d12r isn't the longer bassani but it is not the shorter one.
I am sure they are kind because each time Gary sent answers to my mails but the result is here: nothing...
Thanks!

Old 09-08-2015, 12:28 AM
chounig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Had Bassani, now D&D... would never buy Bassani again - they are not an organized company. Sorry to hear about your difficulties, been there, done that.

I just only can agree!

Old 09-08-2015, 12:30 AM
chounig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by peter deering
I went with the propipe from v&h and loaded my own tune with pv. Seat of you pants. Louder than stock, but not over loud.
I am thinking about this one. Thank you

Old 09-08-2015, 12:37 AM
chounig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
why would you wait so long and not reinstall your stock pipes until you either GET a baffle OR buy a different brand of pipes??????
Because i Will give a chance to my dealer to set the tune again and instal. TTI. Someone from this forum gave me this good advice.

Quick Reply: Bassani 1d12r : Bad choice !