Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Butty Buddy seat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/865095-butty-buddy-seat.html)

! rock103 ! 04-16-2013 06:27 PM

Butty Buddy seat

Has anyone tried one of these or have personal experience from someone you know? I'm thinking of getting the suction cup one to fit over bare fender but concerned sticking anything on the paint! The stock pillon already left its mark...

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...97114271_n.jpg

! rock103 ! 04-16-2013 08:27 PM

No thoughts so far eh? Guess I will have to pioneer this one and try it out. The wife and I plan on attending the local HOG rally and go for a 200 mile guided trip. I know she won't hang with the OEM pillion. I will report back after...

DeaD SpacE 04-16-2013 08:50 PM

I have been eyeballing that seat also.But I think I'm going to send my
passenger pillion to Mean City Cycles and have them work their magic.

Crazy 04-17-2013 12:33 AM

Hi Jay: I've got one of those that I mount on the back of a Badlander seat when I ride 2 up. My daughter really likes it. It's not the suction cup version, though. If you want to borrow it to have your wife try it out, just let me know.

Northbound Southerner 04-17-2013 07:34 AM

Let me know how you like it if you don't mind. I am thinking about doing the same. My wife HATES my fastback...

128auto 04-17-2013 07:41 AM

I told any girl if they can't stand for my seat, don't ride with me. Now matter how comfy butty buddy is, it will not go on my bike, it is fugly even with passenger on imao.
For the suction cups, I can bet you anything it will leave marks on the fender in a long run. Safety is my other concern.
Sorry man :(

! rock103 ! 04-17-2013 08:05 AM

Thanks Crazy! I would definitely like to try that out. I'll give you a call later today.

128auto- I hear ya all the way around. They're not built for style. And I am thinking that the suction cups will leave marks too. Just wonder if it will be any worse than the stock pillion...

themouth- I will definitely let ya know bro. The wife is finally showing some interest in riding again. And if she goes more, that means I can go more. We only have 1 day off together and that seems to be the only time I can ride. So she gives me all kinds of grief about not spending time with her on that 1 day.

fxrider03 04-17-2013 09:05 AM

wife been using one for 3 years and lves it

Northbound Southerner 04-17-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by ! rock103 ! (Post 11178311)
Thanks Crazy! I would definitely like to try that out. I'll give you a call later today.

128auto- I hear ya all the way around. They're not built for style. And I am thinking that the suction cups will leave marks too. Just wonder if it will be any worse than the stock pillion...

themouth- I will definitely let ya know bro. The wife is finally showing some interest in riding again. And if she goes more, that means I can go more. We only have 1 day off together and that seems to be the only time I can ride. So she gives me all kinds of grief about not spending time with her on that 1 day.

I hear ya. My wife doesn't like to ride but she raises heck when I take off for a week or so...;)

WG2011 04-17-2013 09:15 AM

I use the HD pass pillion, it does mess up the fender so I went down to my local window tinting guru's and had them fab me up a 3m clear cover (just like the clear rock chip bras on cars) works like a dream tough to see looks nice and does not scratch the fender and the clear does not scratch and look like crap either. Works fantastic!

128auto 04-17-2013 09:20 AM

If you worry about the fender rubbing, put a fender bib under pillion(not for suction seat), that's what I did. Have you considered sick saddles solo + pillion? It is so comfy, my gf loves it! I can leave it on all the time and it looks great.
http://128auto.com/cover/streetbob/bib_dyna01.jpg
http://128auto.com/cover/streetbob/sickseat03.JPG

stbob07 04-17-2013 09:27 AM

Girl friend loves the butt buddy. Won't ride without it any more.

! rock103 ! 04-17-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by WG2011 (Post 11178661)
I use the HD pass pillion, it does mess up the fender so I went down to my local window tinting guru's and had them fab me up a 3m clear cover (just like the clear rock chip bras on cars) works like a dream tough to see looks nice and does not scratch the fender and the clear does not scratch and look like crap either. Works fantastic!

I was just about to ask about that 3m tape. I have heard about it somewhere before and forgot where to get it and what it cost. Seems like the best alternative for scratched fenders. Not a big fan of bibs and don't want a pillion on all the time either. Thanks for the 411 about the tape. Wonder if you can get that tape from lowes or home depot...

! rock103 ! 04-17-2013 10:53 AM

Or perhaps I can just use the bib when the seat is used like your saying 128auto. Just trying to reduce the amount of gear to install and uninstall after the rides.

WG2011 04-17-2013 10:59 AM

I tried the bib and did not like the look and it did not help all that much do to width of the pad and the width of the seat. I spent about 35 bucks getting this clear cover fabbed and put on for me. I would find a place that does rock chip bras for cars give them a shout and have them do it for you. No bubbles no messing around and you can barley see it unless you point it out. here is a pic and it is installed here and was used a few times with the pass seat on it bet ya can't even see it.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...915_154935.jpg

Originally Posted by ! rock103 ! (Post 11179079)
Or perhaps I can just use the bib when the seat is used like your saying 128auto. Just trying to reduce the amount of gear to install and uninstall after the rides.

128auto 04-17-2013 11:15 AM

Remember, when two objects contact each other, resistance and rub no exception. Even seat bumpers rub on fender. The reason I choose fender bib is because it always return to it's original shape, no rubbing whatsoever. It sits under the seat, require no mounting bolts.

WG2011 04-17-2013 12:57 PM

Except for the fact that the seat (stock pass pad and bigger than stock pass pads) is wider than the bib and beyond the bib is where the most contact happens on the wg fender. So the bib is just more for looks IMO. The rubbing that occurs can be combatted with the clear 3m sheild. Its much more durable that the clear coat you can make it as big as needed and you just clean it/wax like the rest of your bike. Say a few years down the road its getting a little beat up from alot of 2 up riding pull it off and replace it. This sheild i am speaking of adhears to the fender and remains on till you take it off years later of ware its basically perminent so it remains its same size and such. So it does not slide at all its stuck to the fender.

Originally Posted by 128auto (Post 11179169)
Remember, when two objects contact each other, resistance and rub no exception. Even seat bumpers rub on fender. The reason I choose fender bib is because it always return to it's original shape, no rubbing whatsoever. It sits under the seat, require no mounting bolts.

gsreimers 04-17-2013 08:12 PM

Product definitely needs to be renamed and it is uglier than sin but my wife will now do 400 miles a day on the back of my Dyna with no complaints. Without it, she would start to complain after 50 miles.

It goes on and off easy and goes into the saddlebags as soon as we stop the bike.

DM1975 04-17-2013 08:17 PM

For the price you can about get the wider passenger pillion from HD, and it doesn't look too bad either.

WG2011 04-17-2013 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by DM1975 (Post 11181547)
For the price you can about get the wider passenger pillion from HD, and it doesn't look too bad either.

That's what i have wife likes it, and just take it off when solo.