Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Just got my Bad&G battery box bag! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/873118-just-got-my-bad-and-g-battery-box-bag.html)

deuce_streetbob 05-11-2013 07:46 PM

Just got my Bad&G battery box bag!

Just came in the mail, and it came much quicker than I expected. The craftsmanship is truly top notch.....it just looks quality all the way. It's a bit less room inside that what i thought it would be, but that's just because i was wishing it would have more room, nothing wrong with the product itself. Due to a busy day, I haven't had a chance to install it yet, so sorry for a lack of picture. I'm hoping to have some free time tomorrow to get it done and will add a pic for y'all!

128auto 05-11-2013 07:51 PM

Great bag! I suggest you to add a plate on the back side of the inner leather, the bag sags quite a bit. Unless they change the leather on their latest bags.
http://128auto.com/cover/streetbob/batterybag04.JPG

deuce_streetbob 05-11-2013 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by 128auto (Post 11281656)
Great bag! I suggest you to add a plate on the back side of the inner leather, the bag sags quite a bit. Unless they change the leather on their latest bags.
http://128auto.com/cover/streetbob/batterybag04.JPG

are you talking about the inside where the mounting holes are? how much is yours sagging, because it looks to be fine in your pic?

128auto 05-11-2013 07:59 PM

Yes, I put a thick plastic plate and drill 4 holes, mount it on the back inner.
It looks great coz the bag was empty when I took the pic, once you put weight in it, it will sag at the top. I only carry goggles, bungee cord and sun screen, not even heavy lol. :D

deuce_streetbob 05-11-2013 08:07 PM

gotcha....that's the type of stuff i will be carrying as well. it's going to be so nice to have a spot to carry my extra glasses for night riding, as well as a couple basic tools like a screwdriver and small wrench. I was hoping it would be roomy enough for a light sweatshirt in case i got caught out late and it started to get cold. i figured i would be able to roll one up and stuff it in there, but i was being overly optimistic on that one. lol. thanks for the tip though, ill have to find some plastic to put in there like you did.

rooti 05-11-2013 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I heard the new ones have thicker leather. I just got mine this Friday so time will tell.

deuce_streetbob 05-11-2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by rooti (Post 11281859)
I heard the new ones have thicker leather. I just got mine this Friday so time will tell.

it does seem to be pretty thick, so i guess we will just see. i got the same style as yours too...just black instead of brown.

btw, on my 13 bob, the battery box doesn't have any pre drilled holes for mounting. obviously i will be drilling holes myself....any tips on doing this? i figured i would put tape over the paint and drill from the front side. do you guys think i should put something on the exposed metal after drilling to keep it from corroding?

Six16 05-11-2013 10:48 PM

I have one of the newer bags. No sagging.

philm8 05-12-2013 07:51 AM

Just got mine in Friday as well and seem pretty thick and stiff, I'll be surprised if it sags. They have to straps and not one too. They look so dam awesome can't wait to put them on....

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 08:11 AM

Me either. Gonna do that today. ;)

128auto 05-12-2013 08:23 AM

For drilling, I would mask the area you drill with masking tape, put the bag on and mark the 4 holes. Start with a small pilot drill and work it up to the size. When you're done, use some nail polish or touch up paint. It shouldn't be that hard ;)

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 128auto (Post 11283370)
For drilling, I would mask the area you drill with masking tape, put the bag on and mark the 4 holes. Start with a small pilot drill and work it up to the size. When you're done, use some nail polish or touch up paint. It shouldn't be that hard ;)

hey, good tip there about the nail polish. wouldn't have thought of that. i'm sure my daughter has some laying around. will nail polish hold up for a long period through washes and such?

rs87277 05-12-2013 09:16 AM

i love my bag

SquidHead 05-12-2013 09:30 AM

I bought the "hard" bags which are thicker and stiffer than the regular bags, and there are lots more color choices.

I also have a set of the regular bags in black. They seem pretty sturdy, too, though.

128auto 05-12-2013 09:59 AM

Yes as long as you clean it with alcohol before touch up.
Another trick is spray bomb paint in the small cup, use a Qtip to touch up paint. Color doesn't matter coz you don't see it. Have fun!

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob (Post 11283530)
hey, good tip there about the nail polish. wouldn't have thought of that. i'm sure my daughter has some laying around. will nail polish hold up for a long period through washes and such?

seethesvt 05-12-2013 10:35 AM

OK, getting one of these...

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by 128auto (Post 11283716)
Yes as long as you clean it with alcohol before touch up.
Another trick is spray bomb paint in the small cup, use a Qtip to touch up paint. Color doesn't matter coz you don't see it. Have fun!

U talkin jack, captain, or Jose?

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 03:30 PM

Well, got it installed and it looks awesome. It does sorta get in the way of my leg when sitting on the bike and not moving...didn't think that would be the case. It's not in the way a lot, but it is noticeable. A few tools, some clear shades for night, some gloves and a hat...and she's full. Nice to have a little bit of room to store misc things without having something that "clutters" the look of the bike.

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 04:18 PM

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7e2b4d77.jpg

BAM!!

Six16 05-12-2013 08:27 PM

Looking good!

Six16 05-12-2013 08:29 PM

Yeah it took a little getting used to when you have your feet down, especially since its brand new and you don't want to crush it. You'll get used to it

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob (Post 11284569)
Well, got it installed and it looks awesome. It does sorta get in the way of my leg when sitting on the bike and not moving...didn't think that would be the case. It's not in the way a lot, but it is noticeable. A few tools, some clear shades for night, some gloves and a hat...and she's full. Nice to have a little bit of room to store misc things without having something that "clutters" the look of the bike.

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 08:42 PM

I figured I would get used to it...either that or it will soften and bend down a bit. Either way its fine. It's a small sacrifice to have a nice little storage area that actually looks cool.

128auto 05-12-2013 08:50 PM

How come your bag has 2 straps? New design?
BTW the bag is so close to your stock exhaust, you may keep an eye on there. ;)
As far as I know they made one for stock exhaust, angle cut corner.

https://i1359.photobucket.com/albums...ps7e2b4d77.jpg

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 08:57 PM

I think it is a new design. And there is a little gap between the bag and the pipes, but the angle of the pic makes it look much closer. I don't think it will cause any issues, but I will keep an eye on it. And that's not stock exhaust btw...v&h straight shots full pipes. ;)

covman454 05-12-2013 09:08 PM

I got mine last month and it has two straps. The leather seems to be really heavy so I'm not too worried about the sagging. If I could figure out how to post pics, I would throw one up. I picked up the battery cover bag and a handlebar tool bag so I have quite a bit of room. Excellent quality for the price.

Covman

deuce_streetbob 05-12-2013 09:46 PM

btw, they still offer the single strap version....i just opted for the two strap because i thought it looked a little better.