Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Power Vision

I am installing a Power Vision tomorrow. Current setup is in my signature. I was going to get a dyno tune, but for $300, it seems steep for a one-time deal. Fuel Moto is running a $150 off with the trade in of a PCII or PCV, bringing the price of the PV down to $400. I ride a wide variance of elevations and temperatures, and liked the idea of being able to auto tune down the road as needed. Any recent Power Vision owners with any advice? I am running the stock O2 sensors in basic mode for the next month, then adding the Pro Auto Tune with the WB sensors. Thanks for any input.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:14 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Does Fuelmoto preload a map prior to shipping? If it is the case, piece of cake. If they don't have a map that matches your setup, you might need a dyno tune. I only add wood 555 cams, ac and pipes, Fuelmoto has the right map for me, it seems to run great.

Watch the following videos.
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...on-videos.aspx

Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 AM
TGWN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never need a dyno tune. They will match you up pretty close. Install and follow the instructions for your own auto tune. No need to have a tech pound the crap out of your bike just to see your HP numbers. This site will walk you step by step. http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/

Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spend some time looking through this thread. Should turn your head into mush. But seriously, evrything you need is there.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Sparra
Tourer

I would love to give the PV a go but I lost my original map playing around with the TTS so I am destined to be a TTS man forever....

Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 AM
max3099
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel moto will load a tune for you to start with to get you close enough for auto tuning. Email Jaime and ask if they have something that would work for your particular set up.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Sparra
Tourer

Already been in contact with Jamie and he said I will need my stock map...Not sure why so I might send him the question...I think it might be something to do with it automatically saving your stock map and because I have a TTS map in there they are not compatible...

Cheers...Sparra

Last edited by Sparra; 05-16-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

elevation changes don't matter...I just went from sea level to 1665' above.......emailed my tuner (http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/) and inquired about the elevation change. Here is his reply I received this morning
"Moving didn't change a thing in the tune. The ECM knows what elevation it's at so it makes the adjustments it needs.
Enjoy
Doc"

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TGWN
Never need a dyno tune. They will match you up pretty close. Install and follow the instructions for your own auto tune. No need to have a tech pound the crap out of your bike just to see your HP numbers. This site will walk you step by step. http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/
+1 Great advice, watch the videos, read the instructions and you will hit the street running.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparra
Already been in contact with Jamie and he said I will need my stock map...Not sure why so I might send him the question...I think it might be something to do with it automatically saving your stock map and because I have a TTS map in there they are not compatible...

Cheers...Sparra
Your stock map will automatically be saved to the PV when you load it on your bike. You will receive a pre-loaded map with the PV from Fuel Moto for your current set-up. My pre-loaded map is so good I havent even attempted to do the auto-tune feature.

Quick Reply: Power Vision