Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:16 AM
craig11dyna
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Cleaner?

Does anyone here use fuel injector cleaner in their Dyna's. I use Chevron Techron Fuel Injector in my cars and haven't seen any posts here of anyone using it. Seems the injectors would be smaller and need cleaning. I always use a Tier 1 fuels like Shell, Chevron or Mobil which already has additives.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:29 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

I use Seafoam once or twice a season. Never had a problem with the injectors, but just as prevention.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Id.Fat Bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
Does anyone here use fuel injector cleaner in their Dyna's. I use Chevron Techron Fuel Injector in my cars and haven't seen any posts here of anyone using it. Seems the injectors would be smaller and need cleaning. I always use a Tier 1 fuels like Shell, Chevron or Mobil which already has additives.
I use the same twice a year! I used it once a year in my 135 Merc outboard motor. I could get 5 more MPH at the top end after doing so! I pulled the plugs after a run and the piston tops were as shiny as new! Techron is good stuff!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:49 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If you read thru the treads Techron and Seafoam seem to be the most popular products. A lot of people claim Techron is the best of the two.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I have used Techron about 2 tanks before my oil change. I have also used Marvel Mystery Oil and it seemed better at cleaning the back of the intake valves then the Techron did.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

good ol marvel mystery oil LOL what is in that stuff anyway. works good. I use sea foam and never had an issue. works great for keeping fuel from going bad during long montana winters.. sigh...

Old 09-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Any name plate fuel contains a sufficient detergent package to keep our fuel injectors clean. Aftermarket additives are, in the OEM industry referred to as "Mouse Milk" and about as useful. This wasn't always the case in the late 80's, but after the auto manufacturers threatened to (and GM actually did) release Service Bulletins and name brands that would and would not impact the owners warranty . . . Well that was the end of that . . . no problems since then.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You do understand that H-D uses a throttle body system, it's basically an updated carb. It's located in the same location.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,544 Likes on 3,057 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Any name plate fuel contains a sufficient detergent package to keep our fuel injectors clean. Aftermarket additives are, in the OEM industry referred to as "Mouse Milk" and about as useful. This wasn't always the case in the late 80's, but after the auto manufacturers threatened to (and GM actually did) release Service Bulletins and name brands that would and would not impact the owners warranty . . . Well that was the end of that . . . no problems since then.
True. I started replacing "wear" items when I passed 100,000 miles, and that included the injectors. And I never had a need for additional chemicals in the entire time before I swapped them.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,534 Likes on 3,786 Posts

My injectors are fine at 45K Never had anything richer then mid grade prime rib t-rex and a dash of 10% corn shine to wash it down.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaner?