Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alloy Art strut lights? Do you recommend them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 AM
pheur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alloy Art strut lights? Do you recommend them?

Hi,

I've been looking at Alloy Art fender strut lights and I want to know if they come recommended? I know they look good but is it a quality product that will hold up in the long run? Been burned on different types of lights/markers that look good but don't hold up and this time I am looking for "the best" quality wise.

Is there any alternative to the Alloy Art strut lights? I mean the same hidden look but is more recommended?

I have a 2011 Wide Glide. Is there anything that says the Alloy Arts would not fit this bike? Off-the-shelf, bolt-on I mean?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had them on my Street Bob for 3 years now and haven't had a single problem. Can't say for sure whether they'll fit a Wide Glide, but I would think the fender struts are about the same size.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:05 AM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here, great quality product. I also have them on a Street Bob

Old 10-13-2013, 09:16 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default ,

I have them installed on my FatBob and have cut them into my strut covers. I love them however for my custom install I am not 100% thrilled with the wiring, it could have been a little more stout. They are very bright and are a quality product. I also have their product installed in front as well.
Bob

Old 10-13-2013, 09:25 AM
G-Lock
Tourer

Originally Posted by HYPR
I have them installed on my FatBob and have cut them into my strut covers. I love them however for my custom install I am not 100% thrilled with the wiring, it could have been a little more stout. They are very bright and are a quality product. I also have their product installed in front as well.
Bob
I bought a set and returned them because they didn't fit over the strut covers and didn't look to good just mounted on the struts. A custom install would be the best way to look at it.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 AM
619bob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HYPR
I am not 100% thrilled with the wiring, it could have been a little more stout. They are very bright and are a quality product. I also have their product installed in front as well.
Bob
Agreed, overall I am very happy with the product. However, as I recall the wires used are about 22g and I would have preferred a little more heavy duty. The upside of the thin wiring is this allows for them to be discreetly routed.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 AM
pheur
Tourer

Originally Posted by G-Lock
I bought a set and returned them because they didn't fit over the strut covers and didn't look to good just mounted on the struts. A custom install would be the best way to look at it.
Thanks for all the answers. Above is the exact kind of info I was looking for. You are saying they do not fit flush over the strut covers on the -10 WG? The pictures on their website does make it look like it would fit over/flush with the covers on.

How about you guys that have these on Street Bobs, do they look goot without strut covers directly mounted on the struts? Do you happen to have pictures on hand to post?

Thanks everyone!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Pheur, the alloy art strut lights fit flush on the Street Bob. I bought the non-chromed and painted them gloss black to match the frame.

Attached Thumbnails Alloy Art strut lights? Do you recommend them?-002c.jpg   Alloy Art strut lights? Do you recommend them?-003a.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had them on my 02 lowrider and liked them
Fit nicely and couldn't tell they were there till you hit the blinker

Old 10-14-2013, 04:11 PM
condition1
Advanced

Originally Posted by FenceSC
Pheur, the alloy art strut lights fit flush on the Street Bob. I bought the non-chromed and painted them gloss black to match the frame.
What year is your Street Bob? It doesn't appear it had the strut covers and I was wondering how you went about routing the wires?

I have these signals and wanted them for the same setup you have, they are about the cleanest thing I've seen that you can use the quick disconnect hardware with.

The problem for me was I sheered the wires on both sides during the install. I'm sure it can be done just haven't soldered and given it another attempt.

Sorry for the bit of a thread hi-jack OP.

Quick Reply: Alloy Art strut lights? Do you recommend them?