Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used this repro T-Sport Fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. It does mount a little high. Mine is the same way.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Odelay
Alright so I got the one-off Tsport repro off ebay for $125. Figured I'd paint it, buy a Conely's tall windshield, and if I didn't like it, I'd just sell it for pretty much the cash I put into it.

Looks like the fairing is a Conely's, or at least is made my the same folks that make his. It's fiberglass, and pretty sturdy. Bung King hooked me up with a mounting kit for it.

My only issue with this fairing is that it mounts high, and close to the bars- which all Conely's T Sport repros seem to do. I think it looks far better in the OEM position, which is lower and pretty much covers the bottom part of the tree completely.

The reason why its hard to get it lower is because of the headlight mount. I am going to see if Bung King can make me one that will lower the headlight about an inch. I have already used some longer hardware to attach to the clamps, so that pushes the top half out a bit so it's not so close to the bars.

Gonna keep playing with it, but it's not too bad for now
Couple things;
1, does the Bung King mount work with the NON HD fairing(it appears that way, just looking for clarification).
2, what height bar and shield?
3, is it sturdy? How is the protection/buffeting?
4, how does the upper and lower bracket attach? Looks like the upper attaches to the under side of the tree with the riser bolts? And the lower?

All in all, this is pretty much what I'm after. Will be ordering the bags soon, and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Tsport fairing. It appears to me that the Conely fairing is the easiest to get, and the newer ones do look more refined.

Thanks,
Chase

Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bungking brackets are specially made for that fairing. It attaches used the hd quick detach clamps, two on each side in between the trees.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chasespeed
Couple things;
1, does the Bung King mount work with the NON HD fairing(it appears that way, just looking for clarification).
2, what height bar and shield?
3, is it sturdy? How is the protection/buffeting?
4, how does the upper and lower bracket attach? Looks like the upper attaches to the under side of the tree with the riser bolts? And the lower?

All in all, this is pretty much what I'm after. Will be ordering the bags soon, and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Tsport fairing. It appears to me that the Conely fairing is the easiest to get, and the newer ones do look more refined.

Thanks,
Chase
I believe that particular mount only works with the non-HD, or Conley's-style fairing. I used that and my HD clamps.

The bars are 12 inches and the shield is 14.

It is surprisingly very sturdy.

Attached a picture.

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone used this repro T-Sport Fairing?-bung-king-bracket-for-non-hd-fairing.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer

I see. I was looking at the whole kit from Bungking, and it was for the HD fairing.

Worth the coin?

Chase

Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 AM
WinkMoto
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A while back, I bought one of those ebay fairings that the OP posted. I was pleasantly surprised at how sturdy it was. Ive had quite a few HD quarter, Ness, and T-sport fairings come through my hands and i have to say for 150 bucks, it was nice enough for the money. The finish on the outside was runnable as is. I ended up not using it and sold it with no issues

one fairing Im not impressed with is Ness fairings. Simply not worth the money. I hted mine and pulled it off after a month. Ive had 4 HD quarter fairings and they are still my favorite. My current one has a tall Roadawgz shield on it.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Odelay
Cruiser

I see. I was looking at the whole kit from Bungking, and it was for the HD fairing.

Worth the coin?

Chase
I believe you'll need to contact Bung King directly and they can hook you up with this mounting kit, I think it was like 86 bucks.

Worth it to me. Seems very solid.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer

Thanks a lot.

I was talking with a coworker about this. He looked baffled, I showed him your bike..

He said "Sweet, just like Jax's bike!" "NO!"(me)

Damn I hate that show.

Even trying to make a modern FXDXTsport, it's being compared to SOA. Damn I hate that show.

10 years ago I was criticized for the lack of chrome etc... NOW... If you don't have chrome, you must be a fan of SOA....

Sorry for the rant...

Thanks for the help.

Though I am curious, why the quick disconnects? Simplicity?

Chase

Old 01-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Odelay
Cruiser

Thanks a lot.

I was talking with a coworker about this. He looked baffled, I showed him your bike..

He said "Sweet, just like Jax's bike!" "NO!"(me)

Damn I hate that show.

Even trying to make a modern FXDXTsport, it's being compared to SOA. Damn I hate that show.

10 years ago I was criticized for the lack of chrome etc... NOW... If you don't have chrome, you must be a fan of SOA....

Sorry for the rant...

Thanks for the help.

Though I am curious, why the quick disconnects? Simplicity?

Chase
Ha. Yeah people see a black Harley and immediately talk SOA. It's a little better with out here in the Bay Area I think because a lot of guys have been doing it for a long time here and central/south CA.

Only reason I went with the quick disconnects is because I had originally bought them with my HD quarter fairing and would ride with no fairing sometimes. I like the look of tbars with no fairing, but for riding long distances as fast as possible you can't beat the wind blocking. I may go with a different setup on that, I plan on changing the front end soon. Already have blacked out lowers ready, and I think I'll switch the trees and get some straight up t bars that are thinner.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer

Yeah I'm not too keen on high bars myself. I like them low. But, I am thinking I want to be a little more upright with this bike, would be nice when my lower back is sore. Reach may be an issue though.

Thanks a lot. I may be ordering my bags and stuff soon....

Chase

Quick Reply: Has anyone used this repro T-Sport Fairing?