Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Call All Bassani Road Rage II Mega Power Experts (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/950462-call-all-bassani-road-rage-ii-mega-power-experts.html)

TyFlyer21 03-21-2014 11:17 AM

Calling All Bassani Road Rage II Mega Power Experts

2 Attachment(s)
Howdy,
I have a question for all you Bassani experts out there. I have a 2006 Street Bob and I've finally decided on the Bassani Road Rage II Mega Power exhaust system in black. Part # 1D12RB. I've looked at every thread/image/video out there on the system. I can't get a good read on how the system will look on my scoot. Some pictures the muffler looks upswept and on others it looks parallel to the ground. Other pictures the pipes look parallel to the frame (ground clearance) near the cam cover while other pictures front pipe seem to bottom out below the frame. The chrome and black version look different. I realize different bike are shown but both are Dyna's.

Maybe I'm just dreaming here. Please slap me if I am.

Here is the black.

Attachment 365761

Here is the chrome.

Attachment 365762

Can you guys steer my in the right direction here? Which picture is accurate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Worst case I can order from Dennis Kirk, bolt it on, and return for $ 7.00 if I'm not feeling it.

Thanks again,

TC

Sling Blade 14 03-21-2014 11:33 AM

It probably fits like it does on my WG.

What do you want it to be like?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-2-1-help.html

TyFlyer21 03-21-2014 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sling Blade NSAA (Post 12470280)
It probably fits like it does on my WG.

What do you want it to be like?

I'm looking for more parallel than upswept.

Looks great on your bike by the way.

HD Pilot 03-21-2014 01:40 PM

Might need to know about the rear shocks on the pics to be sure. I would think a bike with 13 1/2" shocks would make the pipes look more upswept, while the opposite for slammed shocks. The mounting to the motor and transmission should be identical for all the 96" and 103" motors, I believe....

TyFlyer21 03-21-2014 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by alansummrs (Post 12470764)
Might need to know about the rear shocks on the pics to be sure. I would think a bike with 13 1/2" shocks would make the pipes look more upswept, while the opposite for slammed shocks. The mounting to the motor and transmission should be identical for all the 96" and 103" motors, I believe....

Yeah, I thought about that too but the mounting bracket for the pipes must be at the same location for all Dyna's before the swing arm right?

HD Pilot 03-21-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by TyFlyer21 (Post 12470888)
Yeah, I thought about that too but the mounting bracket for the pipes must be at the same location for all Dyna's before the swing arm right?

Yes, but with taller shocks the swing arm will be angled down more because the top of the rear shock is elevating the back of the frame(and thus the back of the engine/transmission) so I think the appearance of the pipes will change quite a bit.

TyFlyer21 03-21-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by alansummrs (Post 12471102)
Yes, but with taller shocks the swing arm will be angled down more because the top of the rear shock is elevating the back of the frame(and thus the back of the engine/transmission) so I think the appearance of the pipes will change quite a bit.

You have a good point! I was leaning D & D Fat Cat but Bassani has a great combination of looks and sounds. Seems the Fat Cat gets shot down constantly for a tinny or hollow sound.

I appreciate the help!

HD Pilot 03-21-2014 04:11 PM

The Fat Cat has a great rep for performance - especially on built engines, but maybe not as nice looking as a Road Rage and I have heard the same comments on the sound from Stage 1 engines.