Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Streetbob. Help with Exhaust option.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Evlunknwn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Streetbob. Help with Exhaust option.

Hello all,

I bought a 2014 Street bob (first HD bike) and have tons of plans for it. I already installed heavy breather. However, I am stuck on which pipes to put on? I want it to look good and performance is a plus but not my #1. Also, I want them louder than stock but not annoying loud.

I really like V&H Big Radius 2-into-2 as well as Thunderheader. Whatever I go with will be black. My questions are...

1. I like BR. TH are ok looking... What are your thoughts on looks?
2. Which of these are Louder? and which sound better?
3. Everywhere I read that TH give better performance...How much better than BR?

if anyone can chime in it would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Streetbob. Help with Exhaust option.-dyna.jpg  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:33 PM
CSt6804
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same dilema. Ended up with V&H slipons, I think they sound great.
1st problem your bike uses the new small O2 sensor 14mm not the old 18mm. Be sure whatever you get is set up for 14mm O2's
2nd problem Tuner, the pipes you are looking at will need tuner for sure. V&H will want to sell you there's. Nothing wrong with that but the Dynojet Powervision is a much better option but more money. Better yet, go to fuelmoto.com But there are many options out there.
Without a tuner though, if there are any power gains to be had with the pipes, they will be minimal to nothing at all.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking for full exhaust or slip ons?

Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Another thought is you won`t be able to install footboards with the BR if you want to in the future.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Evlunknwn
Hello all,

I bought a 2014 Street bob (first HD bike) and have tons of plans for it. I already installed heavy breather. However, I am stuck on which pipes to put on? I want it to look good and performance is a plus but not my #1. Also, I want them louder than stock but not annoying loud.

I really like V&H Big Radius 2-into-2 as well as Thunderheader. Whatever I go with will be black. My questions are...

1. I like BR. TH are ok looking... What are your thoughts on looks?
2. Which of these are Louder? and which sound better?
3. Everywhere I read that TH give better performance...How much better than BR?

if anyone can chime in it would be much appreciated.
You'll get better performance out of any 2-1 pipe vs 2-2. IMHO there's no sound like a thunderheader, I don't know how loud you consider annoyingly loud but your neighbors will know what time you leave for work if ya know what I mean. And yes you need to look into a tuner also. The th will more than likely start turning brown over time

You can see against the black brake lever how much the pipe turned color. I love the th but there's a ton of good options out there as well

Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 PM
wnt2gofst
Intermediate

I don't have breather but to give idea of V&H Short Shots here is my bike Not crazy loud but deff felt power jump from stock when I test road it. Is a little louder and better sounding in person.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced

I REALLY like the big radius, and they sound awesome.
Im not a fan of 2-1, I know they are better for the bikes performance, and respect that, but whenever I see them it makes me think Goldwing!

At the last minute I went with short shots, and couldn't be happier. Runs awesome, and and great tone and volume.
You just cant beat the look of the big radius though.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Evlunknwn
6th Gear

Thanks for the replies...Still want to know which of the 2 pipes is louder? Im definitely going with one of those 2 (big radius or thunderheader) just need to make up my mind. Also, Currently I have the heavy breather installed but the bike has not had the Stage 1 Download to the ECM. When I install the pipes should I get the download? or buy a Power Commander V? or Both?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not both, one or the other and most would say the Power commander or power Vision will be much better than the stage 1

Old 04-08-2014, 10:17 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Evlunknwn
Thanks for the replies...Still want to know which of the 2 pipes is louder? Im definitely going with one of those 2 (big radius or thunderheader) just need to make up my mind. Also, Currently I have the heavy breather installed but the bike has not had the Stage 1 Download to the ECM. When I install the pipes should I get the download? or buy a Power Commander V? or Both?
Don't waste your money on a stage 1 download. Spend the extra money and buy a quality tuner. Tons of those to choose from too. Power vision, power commander, thundermax etc.... I have the v&h fuel pack on my bike and it was a waste of money. Bike runs lean and pops like hell, I hear the new fuel pack is better tho. There's a thunder max in my near future, I have one on my bagger and love it. I'm not sure which pipe is louder, I think the br has baffles you can change out. The thunderheader is plenty loud tho

Quick Reply: 2014 Streetbob. Help with Exhaust option.