Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Mounting the power vision (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/957423-mounting-the-power-vision.html)

KEYBEAR 04-13-2014 12:48 PM

Mounting the power vision

Last winter I installed a new cam and after 150 miles yesterday I am ready to do the Auto Tune . My question is how do you run the wires ?

I have an 08 WideGlide and the fuse box lid is too tight to slide the wire under it . The only answer I see is to ride without the fuse box lid ?

I am not going to keep the Power Vision on the bike once the AT is done .
Also I just put the Power Vision in my bag on the back rest .
Thanks

JayOhh 04-13-2014 01:05 PM

Just did this myself today. Did eight autotune-sessions before I was happy. I just rode without the fusebox-lid, and mounted the Powervision to my bars with the mountingkit I got from Fuelmoto.

PS! It's nice to be able to see the screen while you log, so you know where you are/have been in regards of throttle and rpms.

KEYBEAR 04-13-2014 03:54 PM

I did the Auto Tune last year and did put the cover for the fuse box back on . I did see the wire took a beating and don,t like doing that again .

Did eight autotune-sessions before I was happy ??
How far do you ride when doing an Auto Tune ?

This last year I did short trips of 100 miles or more then Downloaded that . I seen big changes that way and did 3 runs .

O-Town D 04-13-2014 04:53 PM

When I ran AutoTune on my '010 FB I was able to wiggle the small connecter end of the PV wire through the top left-hand corner of the fuse box into the cavity under the seat. From there, it was a simple matter to run the wire up to the dash where I had temp-mounted the PV. Fuse box cover installs as normal. After AutoTune sessions were completed, it was easy enough to remove the PV hardware/wire. Hope that helps.
~

JayOhh 04-13-2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by KEYBEAR (Post 12582338)
I did the Auto Tune last year and did put the cover for the fuse box back on . I did see the wire took a beating and don,t like doing that again .

This last year I did short trips of 100 miles or more then Downloaded that . I seen big changes that way and did 3 runs .

Well since the powervision will only correct so much in one go. I figured it would be better to stop often and flash it, then autotune the newest map, instead of doing one ( or three ) long runs. If the values are too far off, you either have to cap them or scale them.

I rode all day, I stopped, flashed and "retuned" every 15-20 miles. By the end of the day, the bike ran smooth as butter :)

This might be the incorrect way of doing it, but it seemed logical to me. They don't run a 100 miles on each dynorun either :S

slozomby 04-13-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by JayOhh (Post 12582724)
Well since the powervision will only correct so much in one go. I figured it would be better to stop often and flash it, then autotune the newest map, instead of doing one ( or three ) long runs. If the values are too far off, you either have to cap them or scale them.

I rode all day, I stopped, flashed and "retuned" every 15-20 miles. By the end of the day, the bike ran smooth as butter :)

This might be the incorrect way of doing it, but it seemed logical to me. They don't run a 100 miles on each dynorun either :S

it really depends on how your riding. if your in alot of traffic or other riding that has alot of accel/decel then shorter intervals should be ok. personally i just let it record the tank of gas then flashed. stopping all the time would be counterproductive to my happiness.

Originally Posted by keybear

took 5 runs before it sorted out the last of my decel popping. long highway trips take more runs since theres less accel/decel.

to the OP: i managed to get it under the lid of my 09 fatbob but it was really tight.

KEYBEAR 04-13-2014 06:38 PM

jayOhh When I first got the Power Vision I also did the Auto Tune in short runs (20-30 mile ) I was not totally happy with the results and Yes the Power Vision does small changes in the Auto Tune mode . I feel doing 100 miles of city/highway and stop/go just a normal day out riding works best . After 3 runs the bike ran very well but now with the cam and other things done last winter I am starting over . I thought about mounting the power vision on the handlebars but just dislike the look . Also it is one more thing I don,t need to look at while riding .

I like the power vision a lot and got a map from fuel moto that is close but needs a little work to be spot on . Right now the bike is not getting enough fuel .

Novacaine_68 04-13-2014 07:10 PM

I just mounted mine today on my '12 wide glide. I mounted it on the bars and ran the wire under the dash thru the hole in the front. Then ran it under the seat and coiled the extra into the hole under the seat. You can run the PV connecter in thru the hole in the backside of the fuse box area. Then plug it to the diagnostic connecter. Cover snaps back on with no pinch points. Looks factory and only used one zip tie. Also did my first auto tune ride. About 70/30 highway/city. Gonna reflash and go again tomorrow depending on weather. Ill stop when I feel its as good as its gonna get.

Gommee 04-13-2014 07:20 PM

All of my PV and auto Tune wiring and module is under the seat. Since I cannot mount it on my bars and I do not want it permanently mounted, I Velcro'ed it to the console running the wires from under the seat. Remove PV, coil wires under seat when not in use.

maddghost 04-13-2014 07:45 PM

i pulled the diagnostic plug out of thefuse box and fished it through under the seat.