Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,123 Likes on 3,790 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
I have never even payed attention to fuel mileage? Man, I just ride.

My take as well. I get way better mileage on a motorcycle than I do my Impala SS or my Camaros. Will be happy with commuting on a LR that gets anywhere from 38-46 MPG.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:06 PM
phil-lip
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member - New Low Rider

I thought I'd introduce myself since this thread is all about the Low Rider. This is my first bike since I stopped riding in 1978 so I'm pretty excited about it as you can imagine and riding it was like a duck taking to water! I've had it for a few weeks and put 400 miles on the clock.

I've attached a couple of photos of the bike - the old geezer is me Since these photos were taken I've done the full Stage 1 with air intake and super tuner. You can see the V&H slip-on. Also gotten some HD detachable saddlebags for her!

Best regards, Phil.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:39 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,079 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Congrats Phil and enjoy your new ride.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice bike phil-lip. Nice to hear from another LR owner.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Tyree
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thread, great info and some good looking bikes. My wife had been looking at Sportser Super Low until we came across the Low Rider. Kind of complicates the decision. To be honest, I have never given Dynas much consideration, this thread has opened my eyes.

FWIW, get rid of the cat, go with a high flow intake, vent the crankcase breather, add a quality exhaust system and an FP3 tuner. Definitely check out DK Customs, good products and people. Your engine will thank you and you'll appreciate a little more power.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:56 PM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shodown220
I tried to read back on your posts and I don't think you are calculating correctly... you said best you did was 138 miles to a tank and that it worked out to 29 mpg correct? Well yeah if you divide 138 by the size of the tank 4.7 gallons then yes that it is what it comes out to. Problem is you will never use 4.7 gallons of fuel. You don't have that supply, you would have to pull the pump out and then fill it to the brim and run it until you ran out of gas (literally the motor stops running) to use 4.7 gallons. Instead typically when the fuel light comes on there is only 3.1-3.5 gallons of fuel used. So by that math You are actually in the high 30s mpg. The only way to truly calculate mpg is to fill the tank, ride it 100 miles or so (and record the mileage) then fill it again dividing that mileage by how many gallons you put in.

Long story short and forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't think the bike is bad on gas, I think you are doing that math incorrectly
my math is wrong, but the fxdx i had , had a 4.9 gallon tank. i would get 170 and change before i needed to fill up. i never ran out of gas completely so it wasn't a problem. no math needed. now i have a 4.7 gallon tank. i can only go 138. but not really BECAUSE THE ENGINE STOPS RUNNING. yes around 37mpg. something still doesn't seem right. whatever thats my problem. and yes i have only owned harleys , my uncles, friends all HD. never had a problem. i used to get better mpg on my ironhead sporty.. yeah

Old 03-20-2015, 10:15 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,046 Likes on 1,897 Posts

Originally Posted by phil-lip
I thought I'd introduce myself since this thread is all about the Low Rider. This is my first bike since I stopped riding in 1978 so I'm pretty excited about it as you can imagine and riding it was like a duck taking to water! I've had it for a few weeks and put 400 miles on the clock.

I've attached a couple of photos of the bike - the old geezer is me Since these photos were taken I've done the full Stage 1 with air intake and super tuner. You can see the V&H slip-on. Also gotten some HD detachable saddlebags for her!

Best regards, Phil.
congratulations, the low rider is really fun to ride. I have over 6K miles on mine since picking it up last July.
You will really enjoy the bike.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:38 AM
fleetway
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bike Phil, and good to see another UK member, perhaps we should organise a UK Low Rider meet during the summer !!

Old 03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tyree
Good thread, great info and some good looking bikes. My wife had been looking at Sportser Super Low until we came across the Low Rider. Kind of complicates the decision. To be honest, I have never given Dynas much consideration, this thread has opened my eyes

Lets us know how your wife's bike turns out.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by junk yard
I would not recommend a harley davidson to my worst enemy
Originally Posted by junk yard
You, I recommend buying a harley davidson
That's hilarious

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider