Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 03:41 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by petefwa
No. l did the conversion and it's US mpg. l usually work in k's per litre and l'm usually getting around 19 - 20 KPL.

That's impressive as it beats the Harley Davidson quoted figures which must be a first.

Metric
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5.5 l/100 km
Fuel Capacity 17.8 l

US
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 43 mpg
Fuel Capacity 4.7 gal.

Last edited by NealE; 03-25-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:43 AM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Qdog002

That is one hell of a deal, especially with screen and bags.

Buy it.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Jimbo33
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be a lot of differences in the fuel mileage people are getting. I wonder if it is mostly riding style or if there are really large manufacturing differences. I hope Harley doesn't have a manufacturing problem. I have a 2014LR and I get lower 40's in the city and upper 40's on the highway 2-up. I am really not concerned about the fuel mileage per se but distance to fill ups is important. When I travel 2-up I go close to 200mi before the fuel light comes on and about 150mi in daily suburban travel. I use no alcohol gas except when I travel out of town. I live in an area with a large boating community so no-alcohol high test "recreational fuel" is widely available. I have been talking to the dealer about stage 1 this spring and one of my concerns is how it will effect range. If it drops my range to less then 150mi highway it is a show stopper. When I ask people about fuel mileage I get attitude "guy, you can afford a Harley but you worry about a few bucks for fuel?" It is not that at all, find gas stations on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Tail of the Dragon or New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, you get the drift.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,122 Likes on 3,790 Posts

Originally Posted by Qdog002

Thanks for the lead. I clicked on it and it had already ended.

I hope to buy from the dealer that is closet to me. It is one of two HD dealers owned by the same company. I met with a salesman and the sales manager a few weeks back and they answered a number of questions.

At this point I am just waiting for my bike to be sold. Things got warm two weekends back and now things have gotten cold again. I am getting plenty of inquiries and I suspect I will have my current bike sold within a few weeks.

Last edited by Ikelove; 03-25-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NealE
That is one hell of a deal, especially with screen and bags. Buy it.

I agree that is one of the best deals on a 2014-15 LR that I have ever seen. When I clicked on it a few minutes ago to look at it, the auction had already ended.

I have my heart set on a 2015 in Amber Whiskey. I am willing to pay the extra cost for the paint.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:39 PM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo33
There seems to be a lot of differences in the fuel mileage people are getting. I wonder if it is mostly riding style or if there are really large manufacturing differences. I hope Harley doesn't have a manufacturing problem. I have a 2014LR and I get lower 40's in the city and upper 40's on the highway 2-up. I am really not concerned about the fuel mileage per se but distance to fill ups is important. When I travel 2-up I go close to 200mi before the fuel light comes on and about 150mi in daily suburban travel. I use no alcohol gas except when I travel out of town. I live in an area with a large boating community so no-alcohol high test "recreational fuel" is widely available. I have been talking to the dealer about stage 1 this spring and one of my concerns is how it will effect range. If it drops my range to less then 150mi highway it is a show stopper. When I ask people about fuel mileage I get attitude "guy, you can afford a Harley but you worry about a few bucks for fuel?" It is not that at all, find gas stations on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Tail of the Dragon or New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, you get the drift.
That's the kind of mileage I expected. Sorry everyone for being so negative, but that's exactly what I expected when I bought my low rider. Not to sure about the alcohol thing, but like I sad before I never had a problem with any of my bikes before.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:50 PM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NealE
But, as the HD Website states 43 MPG combined and we all know manufacturer figures are optimum conditions I would say the 37mpg you are getting is representative.

On mine I have averaged as stated before to 47.54MPG Imperial Gallon or 39.59MPG US Gallon.

I'm happy with my gas mileage as I don't ever expect to get factory condition economy.
Yes I realize I will get no where with the bad gas mileage thing with them. But I still think something ain't right. Now that I have nailed down my actual mileage is and the fact that I'm left with about a gallon of gas in the tank. Maybe it should empty the tank a little more. I din think it should completely empty , but to get a few more miles of riding in between fill ups would be nice.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Nightglidr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JefFLH
To those who have put apes on their LR, where did you get your cables and brake lines from? I have temporarily put a set of 10" bars on the stock riser setup until I make up my mind and figure out what set of 16" I want. I want to go ahead and order cables and lines and run them now so all I have to do is switch bars and risers in the future. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Hi Jeff, I went with Burley Bars wiring and cable kit for my 06 Streetglide, and FLD Switchback. Were quite easy to use, and the throttle, brakes and clutch lines were braded steel. I believe that JP Cycles carries them in the US. Just specify how long your new bars are going to be.

I haven't had a chance to even ride my new Lowrider yet (had it delivered in Feb with 3 feet of snow on the ground, and though most of the snow has finally melted, the roads still have ice on them ). I am waiting to see if I like the stock handlebars, or go with mini apes. Are you going to switch out the dog bones when you finally decide on the bars you want?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:45 AM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by junk yard
Yes I realize I will get no where with the bad gas mileage thing with them. But I still think something ain't right. Now that I have nailed down my actual mileage is and the fact that I'm left with about a gallon of gas in the tank. Maybe it should empty the tank a little more. I din think it should completely empty , but to get a few more miles of riding in between fill ups would be nice.

I tend to fill up as soon as I can after the warning light comes on. Just reviewed my fuel calculations over 20 fills (yep, I am that sad to keep all records) and on average I am getting 11.4 litres or 2.99 US Gallons in the tank; that means I have about 1.71 gallons still in the tank. I'm guessing easily another 60 miles range so I should get easily 200 miles per tank, however I won't risk running that low.

Have you carried some spare fuel and tried running until the bike starts spluttering due to fuel pick up being poor? Shouldn't harm the bike to try this and get a clearer indication.

Now I have realised how much is left in the tank I think I will run mine 30 or so miles past the light and see how it goes.

Good luck.

Last edited by NealE; 03-26-2015 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Worst part about selling a bike is: (1) waiting and (2) dealing with low rollers and tire kickers. I expect things to pick up now that it is starting to warm up here in IL. I actually got this email from someone looking at my bike:

Comments: Hi, this bike got my attention and its perfect for my first bike. I'm planning to go on a trip this summer for a month and do not have a place to store it or anyone to look after it because I live in an apartment in Chicago. I just want to let you know that I'm interested in working out a deal once I get back. If you get an offer from someone else I'll understand if you take it. Just wanted to take the time to tell you that I'm willing to drive down there for it! Hope you can wait! Thanks

Can't take that to the bank.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider