Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   99 dyna super glide seat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/972996-99-dyna-super-glide-seat.html)

roy micks 06-05-2014 05:58 AM

99 dyna super glide seat

hello wise ones, looking for a little help and advise, I am a big dude 6'6" about 280 lbs and l, looking for a seat to squeeze me a little more leg room, have the forward controls,just the little xtra will help. this info request is for a 99 FXDX. thanx one and all for any help you throw my way

Architect 06-05-2014 07:12 AM

The padding on stock seats can be pretty thick. Long time ago I switched from stock to a Corbin Gunfighter on my 97 WG. Definitely put me back and down compared to stock.

ubersoldate 06-05-2014 08:53 AM

You need to get lower or farther back?
Im a tall guy as well. So with my forwards on my 05, I needed a tad bit more room.
I got it using a le Pera bare bones seat. It was tough getting used to, as its pretty thin and drops you considerably, but now Ive got an iron butt and can ride for days.

Architect 06-05-2014 09:21 AM

Hey, do you have stock forward controls or extended? I have a 2" extension on my bike, much better for longer legs. Stock was a little cramped.

JohnnyRebKY 06-05-2014 09:58 AM

Im 6 2 so not near as tall but i just put a mustang wide touring REGAL seat on my wide glide. The Regal is the pillow looking seat and was actually discontinued on March 5th this year. I managed to find one in stock at Motorcycle Superstore. Anyway the padding is very thick and raised me up a bit and increased my leg reach which is nice. At 6 6 i think extended forwards would be your best bet. I saw a kit at JP cycles that will extend stock forwards another 3 inches which would be a major help at your height i think.

roy micks 06-05-2014 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY (Post 12820805)
Im 6 2 so not near as tall but i just put a mustang wide touring REGAL seat on my wide glide. The Regal is the pillow looking seat and was actually discontinued on March 5th this year. I managed to find one in stock at Motorcycle Superstore. Anyway the padding is very thick and raised me up a bit and increased my leg reach which is nice. At 6 6 i think extended forwards would be your best bet. I saw a kit at JP cycles that will extend stock forwards another 3 inches which would be a major help at your height i think.

thankyou, as I was also looking at a mustang wide

roy micks 06-05-2014 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY (Post 12820805)

thankyou

roy micks 06-05-2014 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Architect (Post 12820639)
Hey, do you have stock forward controls or extended? I have a 2" extension on my bike, much better for longer legs. Stock was a little cramped.

thankyou