Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Street Bob - Fuel Pack FP3 "Initial Review"

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 AM
bsdoig
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2012 Street Bob - Fuel Pack FP3 "Initial Review"

I just wanted to post a quick review of the Vance & Hines FP3 I just purchased for my 2012 Street Bob. In the process I installed a stage 1 air cleaner to go with my existing V&H Slip-ons.

I want to start by saying that I have no plans on doing anything past stage 1 upgrades. Just looking for the bike to run better/cooler and if it gains a few HP, so be it. I know the Tundermax, PV, etc. may have been better, however I could not justify spending that much for a stage 1 map.

The install is very straight forward. Plug up FP3, pair with your iphone/Andriod, install firmware updates, and flash your canned map. This entire process took less than 5min. I ran into no problems.

Bike cranked right up and I could immediately tell the bike idled smoother. Took it for about a 20 mile ride and man had the bike smoothed out. Before I had a few dead spots, one right off idle and cruising on/off throttle and those were gone. I also had terrible decel pop and between shifts, all of that was now completely gone. The bike even felt like it had better power up top which was a plus. Overall the bike felt like it should from the factory.

At this point I will probably wait on the autotune feature since its running so good. I’ll wait for the bugs to get worked out by V&H.

In closing I’m very happy with my decision going with the FP3. If you’re on the fence, and don’t plan on going past stage 1. You won’t regret it!
I'll keep this thread updated when I decide to use the autotune feature.

Last edited by bsdoig; 07-02-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 AM
John Adams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is on the way for my 14 Road King. Can't wait. The FP3 seems like a giant leap forward in tuning. Great job V&H!