Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to go next??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 PM
jaws52
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go next??

Always been a speed freak my whole life. Love Harley's too, so I guess this is my story of getting that little itch to go faster/quicker. 2013 WG. Already had short shots, billet stage one intake and fuel moto tune via power vision. What is the next best mod to get that next level power? Best mod for your money??

Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cams & big bore would be logical next step.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a good cam as mentioned. big bore if you have the extra cash. btw, if you are in there for the cams, you might want to get the crappy lifters replaced too.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:11 PM
cthagreekgod
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

From everything I have read on here, short shots look great,, but they aren't great for performance...

Old 07-21-2014, 08:25 PM
jaws52
Cruiser

I didn't really get them(short shots) for performance, I know there isn't a negative effect. It was for sound and look, and I don't want to change them

Old 07-21-2014, 08:32 PM
jaws52
Cruiser

I'm already seeing and was thinking cams was the answer. Who makes the best cams for it? What kind of cost would there be in labor? Orrrrr can it be done in garage?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

andrews, woods, s&s....they all make about a zillion different cams for these bikes. depends where you want the power to really hit, and be prepared for everyone to recommend the cam that's in their bike, lol. as long as you don't get "too much" cam, you will most likely be quite happy with anything over stock. you also need to figure how far you plan to go with the build, because a cam for stock is different than you will want for a built engine. can you do it yourself? sure. there are a few specialty tools, but it's not a difficult job at all. the most time consuming thing to me was messing with the damn adjustable push rods. even that isn't a big deal. fuel moto has some awesome videos that you can view and decide for yourself if it's a do-able job for yourself.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you think you arent going to be happy with just cams, just keep saving your $$$ and splurge on a big bore kit. Just depends on how far you are wanting to take this.

I would like to go to a 107 one day but I think reality is cams, and that will probably be it for me. I keep in mind too that no matter what I do to this bike it will never be like my old sport bike. Which is exactly the reason I got a HD in the first place!

Old 07-21-2014, 09:52 PM
cerelious
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

(Not trying to post steal I am also curious) so if someone gets a big bore kit, is it wise to have the heads ported, valves and seals seals replaced, or can you leave the heads alone?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't mess with it if I were you, 1. Your still under warranty and 2. your motor is already putting out a ton of power and money would be much better spent on other mods..

Honestly if you want a ***** to the wall fast Harley go for a Vrod, I think they are like 175 horses in stock form and they actually have a smaller sticker price than the wide glide as hard as that it to believe, and they are still V-twins so through an exhaust on and they sound just as bad-*** in their own way.

Quick Reply: Where to go next??