Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger brackets on 14 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:27 PM
RustyCage
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Passenger brackets on 14 Street Bob

Installed the passenger setup on my Street Bob today. After reading though some of the threads on this forum, I was nervous cause it seemed like a pain to get the left side torx bolts out, because of the belt.

Installation was really easy actually, took the belt cover off, removed seat, long extension, and a swivel socket...suckers came right out. I read on here that it's a T47 torx bit, but mine was a T45. Maybe they changed on the 2014s?...anyways, just reference for anybody that is planning on doing this.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:11 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the left side was definitely a pain in the ***. the fender got in the way a bit too. and those of us with larger hands have difficulty maneuvering around in that area.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 PM
RustyCage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
the left side was definitely a pain in the ***. the fender got in the way a bit too. and those of us with larger hands have difficulty maneuvering around in that area.
Yeah, the left side was definitely a tight squeeze. It was easier than I thought it'd be though. The longest part of the install was running around town, trying to find a T47 torx socket...then come to find out, if I would have just grabbed the T45 in my toolbox and tried it, I would've saved a couple hours...oh well, lesson learned

Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 PM
kreeess
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RustyCage
Yeah, the left side was definitely a tight squeeze. It was easier than I thought it'd be though. The longest part of the install was running around town, trying to find a T47 torx socket...then come to find out, if I would have just grabbed the T45 in my toolbox and tried it, I would've saved a couple hours...oh well, lesson learned
T47 is the correct size BUT t45 will suffice just be careful when turning the bolt