Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLH bags with Switchback mounting system build

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FLH bags with Switchback mounting system build

I got both left and right side inner/out bracket on eBay for way cheap. Just had to bite the bullet and buy the bottom saddlebag mount and docking hardware from harley. So all in all I have $360 in it versus paying about $500 brand new. Got on side in the mail Wednesday and it looks like I won't have to modify the backside of my FLH bags at all! Only big thing will be is that for the inside mount I'm going to fiberglass a bracket that contours around the stock touring shock pocket and will keep it tight to the inside. The outer bracket needs no mods so should be able to build the inner brackets in the next few days. Monday I get the left side and Thursday the rest of the hardware will be here. Maybe by next weekend it will be finished.

Pictures will be coming soon!

Old 07-26-2014, 02:02 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

excellent, cant wait to see the setup

Old 07-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

About where the outer bracket is going to be. Got to trim the bracket near the cut out for the shock. For the inside I'm going to fiberglass the inner bracket, that's why the aluminum tape is there. That will be begin next week.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:49 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this. Are you mounting the detach bracket to the bike and then alingning the bag up? Measure twice, maybe even a third time before you do all that drilling and glass work. Make sure those bags sit exactly where you want them and that they aren't in your passengers way (if you have one). From the looks of your cut outs, your either going to be sitting higher or further back then my setup.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Yeah I plan on having the outer bracket mounted on the bike and get a buddy to help with aligning the bag in relation to the bottom of the fender. Depending on if the bag is level or not with the bottom of the fender, I'll get bag extensions and trim to proper length if need be. Also will see what kind of filler panels I'll need.

With the street glide fender it sticks out a little further in the back so I won't have to be to close to the shock as I thought I would which will be nice for my wife. The bag won't be as close to rubbing her leg.

I get the docking hardware on Thursday from my local Harley. Hopefully this weekend I can have them mounted finally!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Call Gary at http://www.badassglass.us/home.html 712-439-3301,to get some glass filler plates, you will have to trim them down to fit, thats what I used.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

I have a rear fascia that I'm going to use. May have to trim it and then glass a new one from it. Still not sure what to do for tail lights though. Oh well I'll have about 4 mints to think about it while I'm gone.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Well I have the left and ride side mounts. Two more days and I'll have the docking hardware.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Got some work done today since I have all the hardware now. It's actually been easier than I thought it would be. I will post pictures in a day or two, maybe even do another thread on the whole process from start to end.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:35 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Man, I can not wait to see the progress on this!!! Can you give me a measurement. I would like to know what the measurement between the strut and the bag (not the bracket) is when all mounted up, best numbers would at each fender bolt location. I would like to know how the compare to mine. I really like the detach option your gonna end up with.

The following users liked this post:
SuperG96 (09-12-2016)

Quick Reply: FLH bags with Switchback mounting system build