Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatal Accident! RIDE SAFE & BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Fatal Accident! RIDE SAFE & BEWARE

This happened this afternoon right by my house. Looks to be a newer, flat black , dyna street bob. No real evidence has been release yet but from what I have heard the lady driving was 65 and was probably trying to beat the light. Guy was ONLY 23 and worked at Wild Fire Harley Davidson at Parts.

Parts were all over...notice where his boot was. He was behind the orange tent. The police removed his leg from under the bike and wrapped it in a white sheet.

This hits really close since I have turned down this street bunch of times. You just have to triple check/scan every time and never trust any other rider that they will stop. Ride safe everyone!

Prayers go out to the family that have to deal with this horrible point in their life.

Last edited by HD Bobber; 07-28-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:35 PM
HogWildHeritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad, gives one that sick feeling in your stomach. Yep prayers to the family.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:54 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Hate seeing reading these things.I'm thankful got hit friday guy came through a stop sign.Pretty sore but nothing broke and bikes fixable.Thank you Lord.Sad this rider wasn't as lucky.RIP

Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not a good situation for anyone, I bet the driver feels pretty sorry as well, Lesson to take away from this..

Always look before entering an intersection. Always!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:01 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

What an absolute tragedy. Prayers to the family. RIP

Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, you really need to be aware. There was fatal accident a half mile from where I live. Some heroin addict was drunk and high crossed center line and killed a father of 2. Ride safe and defensive.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:14 PM
wazooz2424
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

had 2 back to back fatal MVAs involving bikes here on friday. so far, both were the fault of the cager involved. really makes you think.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Really sad. Had a couple Harley riders die near where I live recently - distracted driver came across centerline just prior to the top of a rise and there was 3 Harlies on the other side going the opposite direction....

Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 PM
14HDWG
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tell ya, was driving in my car last week and a oncoming driver ( texting ) was so far into my lane on an inside turn he almost hit me before whipping back into his lane. I saw him way ahead so I already moved over but all I kept thinking about was what if I was on my bike using the outside part of the lane which would be normal. Terrible thoughts.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

very sad, prayers sent out to him. this is getting to be a common occurrence that is happening all over the place. just had two up here near me where both motorcyclists was at a stop sign waiting to turn and both where run over by suv"s. wtf are these people blind how did that pass a road test. people need to start paying more attention to the road than there phones and how they look in the mirror. see this sh$t every day going on and the tail gaters that like to think it's funny to see how close than can get to my bike when Im doing 10 over the speed limit to stay ahead of traffic because everybody knows nobody whats to follow some one going slow. everyone be safe!! your head should be like one of those bobble head dolls looking around all the time you ride. and be ready to react if harm may come your way.

Quick Reply: Fatal Accident! RIDE SAFE & BEWARE