Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading from a Sporty to a Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 PM
zZeduardoZz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading from a Sporty to a Dyna

Hello guys, I just got my first Harley on march this year, got a 2014 Iron 883, I love the bike, been wanting one since 2009 when it first came out. But now having it for a few months and riding 23 miles to work everyday has me itching for a little more power on my bike, so i have been thinking about trading it for a Street Bob, my question is, has anyone ever done this? I finance with Harley, and I would like to know if you have to give a down payment again on it, and around how much do the payments go up a month???? I am dying to test drive a SB to get the feel of it and I feel like if i do, i will go crazy over it, but my wife will want to kill me lol, so any info would be appreciated!

thanks!!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Kustrud
Tourer

I don't know your personal situation, but shooting from the hip....if you trade, you'll be upside down on your bike, maybe break even unless you have some equity in it (in that case, no you shouldn't have to). That leaves your credit score to determine how much, or if you have to put money down. As far as payment, won't go up much, maybe $50-$100??

Old 07-28-2014, 11:03 PM
McPlaid
Cruiser

I did exactly the same thing same bikes even and I didn't deed a down payment but used my iron as one anyway and it all depends on how much you still owe on the other one still they gave me 6k for my 2013 iron a couple months back and I owed just less then 4k in my situation my payment went down like 15 bucks or so but I got a longer loan on the new bike so I pay about 238 now a months best choice I ever made, I actually went there looking at 72 I have a bad shoulder that's about to get feleted open here soon but anyway it just put me in a good riding position with the mini apes and forwards and was about to do the paper work and then I saw the street bob was really not much more just had to add the forwards and was a ton more bike!! I rode a buds that was the same as my old one and can not understand how I did it so long haha had no clue what I was missing!! I too had to convince the wife. But really if you owe a lot on the bike sill try and hold out for a wile so you can get a better trade deal on the new loan.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Sparky07
Novice

I traded in an Iron for a Street Bob also. I ended up being upside down on the bike, but I could not be happier with the Street Bob. It was definitely worth it in my opinion.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:47 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Walk into your Local Dealer and act like your on the fence... make him work out a Deal
Be surprised what some guys will crunch #'S to make a sale
DON'T BITE ON FIRST OFFER, Leave em a # and tell em you think about it,,,,make him work for your $$

Old 07-29-2014, 06:20 AM
kchaile
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a brand new Iron last July and traded it in for a new Street Bob this April. Have never regretted it. I put up a few grand and my monthly payment stayed the same. Sure they will make you a deal. Good luck.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:02 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by mayhemmaster
Walk into your Local Dealer and act like your on the fence... make him work out a Deal
Be surprised what some guys will crunch #'S to make a sale
DON'T BITE ON FIRST OFFER, Leave em a # and tell em you think about it,,,,make him work for your $$
It's funny because Harleys one of the few dealers you really can still do that anymore. Every time I walk in there to test ride there's always a dance. Car dealers this is much less common. Most the time they're competing with online prices do you are already seeing bottom dollar.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

23 miles on Iron is economical...keep it, pay off and then consider moving into bigger bike. Going to take a financial back-lash on trade/upgrade for no real reason...other than want (it's not a need).

Old 07-29-2014, 08:52 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a new 2003 100th anniversary 883 in ....well 2003. Rode it for 8 years. Now I'm on a 2002 Wide Glide. The Dyna is bigger, stronger, and more comfortable than the sporty hands down. However I wish I had just kept the 883 since it was paid for and it was fun to zip around these Kentucky back roads. My dad and I took a road trip to Missouri Ozark's and it was fun watching him fall behind and out of sight trying to keep up with the 883 down those twisting roads.

If you really want to drop the 883 now is the time. Longer you keep it the less it's worth. It's a good looking bike though. I'd like to park that next to my WG in the barn.

More power....ever thought of doing a 1200 conversion? Probably outrun all the big twins with a 1200 under the tank

Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

I had my sporty for a year then traded it. Wasn't new so I didn't quite have the depreciation you will. Was worth 1k more than I owed. Got back what I paid for it and lost the 3k I out into performance and accessories. Got 2012 fxdwg with 800 miles on it. Owe just a tad less on it than Nada and got 1200 in parts with it. Find the right dealer and you may do okay.

Quick Reply: Trading from a Sporty to a Dyna