Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 weeks before and after

Old 07-29-2014, 12:23 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 weeks before and after

A few more small things to do and then I gotta put some miles on it. I believe the bike has only 20 miles on the odometer right now. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the rear signals/brake. I have the quick release sissy bar bracket on there so the connectors stick pretty far out and are chrome.

Attached Thumbnails 2 weeks before and after-before-after.jpg  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:11 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by CACruiserHD
A few more small things to do and then I gotta put some miles on it. I believe the bike has only 20 miles on the odometer right now. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the rear signals/brake. I have the quick release sissy bar bracket on there so the connectors stick pretty far out and are chrome.
Wow. You've had it 2 weeks and you've only put 20 miles on it? Shouldn't you have been out riding the thing while you waited for the parts to arrive ?

Old 07-29-2014, 03:13 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by adm
Wow. You've had it 2 weeks and you've only put 20 miles on it? Shouldn't you have been out riding the thing while you waited for the parts to arrive ?
yes and no.
I don't have a permit or license yet and my dmv appt is scheduled soon. Half the fun for me is working on stuff, other half is using it. I'm not in a hurry. But mainly it's really hot here and I've been swamped with work. Combine all of that and here I am.

Oh and the parts arrived about 2 days after I got it and kept coming in until now.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:13 AM
KMG
Novice

Looks good man, soon time to start logging some miles on it now. I would look into getting some forward controls on that thing.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,406 Posts

yes and no.
I don't have a permit or license yet and my dmv appt is scheduled soon. Half the fun for me is working on stuff, other half is using it. I'm not in a hurry. But mainly it's really hot here and I've been swamped with work. Combine all of that and here I am.

Oh and the parts arrived about 2 days after I got it and kept coming in until now.
:-) That's a pretty good reason for not riding it! I certainly hear you on the fun of working on the bike when you can't ride it.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:01 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by KMG
Looks good man, soon time to start logging some miles on it now. I would look into getting some forward controls on that thing.

I agree with all above statements!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Simplespeed
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good and I fully understand working and not being able to ride. Iv had mine a couple weeks now and have about 350 on it now but I took a day off an hit the road with a buddy. I have so little free time that I can't even find time to Install parts, much less ride the damn thing.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:33 PM
f-250ford
Cruiser

yes and no.

No license, no permit, too hot , swamped at work. Those all sound like excuses.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:11 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by f-250ford
No license, no permit, too hot , swamped at work. Those all sound like excuses.
They are excuses, however, they are valid ones. Send me your CC# for any fines i get riding without a permit and I'll take off to San Diego right now.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:15 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KMG
I've never ridden with fwd controls, not even one time. Not sure I'd like it to be honest. If anything, I would get fwd pegs and see how that feels for a bit. I know, mid controls are goofy as sh*t to some people but I actually prefer them. Maybe it's coming from dirt bikes and sport bikes, I don't know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 weeks before and after