Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tire and Bright Ass Taiight Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default New Tire and Bright *** Taiight Installed

Just finished up installing a new front MCII on the Dyna. I had 12,623 miles on it. I replaced the rear tire with 8,375 back in May with a MCII as well.

Picked up a Bright *** Taillight from HD New Orleans with some Chrome Cash Rewards. I have it mounted and ready to ride.

Bad news.... GOUT. Can barely walk so can't try out the new items. Freaking weather changes and too much of the red stuff sure set me back for a little while.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:57 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Hope you get to riding again soon! I installed a BAL-1ST not long ago, nice product:

Old 09-13-2014, 11:10 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

How do you like the Commander II's Sharpie? I was told by the local indy who may be doing my tires come spring that they're a good seller and no complaints. That could be hogwash and just trying to sell tires...How do YOU like them? I ride my Fat Bob fairly hard but im sure anything over the factory tires is an improvement. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OneGearhead
How do you like the Commander II's Sharpie? I was told by the local indy who may be doing my tires come spring that they're a good seller and no complaints. That could be hogwash and just trying to sell tires...How do YOU like them? I ride my Fat Bob fairly hard but im sure anything over the factory tires is an improvement. Thanks.
I have about 4300 miles on the rear and it is great. Really smooth and seems to stick well. I have just put the MCII on the front and cannot comment on the ride-ability of the front. I am headed out on a 1000 miles trip tomorrow and back wednesday so I should be able to comment then on the front.

Price wise I really like them as I only have $99 in the front tire and $154 in the rear tire. I mounted them myself and used Dyna beads for balance.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:25 AM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpie
I have about 4300 miles on the rear and it is great. Really smooth and seems to stick well. I have just put the MCII on the front and cannot comment on the ride-ability of the front. I am headed out on a 1000 miles trip tomorrow and back wednesday so I should be able to comment then on the front.

Price wise I really like them as I only have $99 in the front tire and $154 in the rear tire. I mounted them myself and used Dyna beads for balance.
Yeah, I knew with you just getting the front you wouldn't be able to really comment on it. My rear Dunlop has almost 8k miles and almost wore out, but I guess a year and a half on it and a long hard winter isn't really too bad. I just want something I can push a little harder in the turns. I've felt the Dunlop slide a bit here and there on tar snakes and patches and I don't like that feeling at all! Thanks!

Old 09-15-2014, 05:40 AM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

[QUOTE=OneGearhead;13218040]Yeah, I knew with you just getting the front you wouldn't be able to really comment on it. My rear Dunlop has almost 8k miles and almost wore out, but I guess a year and a half on it and a long hard winter isn't really too bad. I just want something I can push a little harder in the turns. I've felt the Dunlop slide a bit here and there on tar snakes and patches and I don't like that feeling at all! Thanks![/QUOT

after installing the metzeler 880's thought I had a new bike. the performance gained in handling was very noticeable. with the addition of the new 200 rear this thing hugs the corners and sticks. maddghost is running the commanders and hates there performance. they are a hard compound tire made for mileage.his rear tire has over 12,000 miles and will go another 5K easily.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior

I made the 400 plus mile trek to Nashville today and I'm pleased with the commander IIs. I bought the tires for the projected longevity but I do hit the corners pretty hard and have no problems. I played with the front air pressure and feel that 32 psi gives the best ride. Started at 35 and worked down to 32.

If you want performance I don't think you will be happy with MCIIs as they are harder and stiffer. I would not hesitate to replace these MCIIs with MCIIS again when that time comes.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MCII's are a good combo of performance & long lasting, they do grip better than stock, the rear will last a long time, but the front will wear out quicker just like any other front tire but I don't think anyone would be disappointed with them, plus they are great looking tires,. I have a set of Dunlop American elites waiting to install, they are now a dual compound rear tire, which is a big selling point to me,

but with the promotions going on now it's a different outlook, Dunlop has a $40 rebate on a set of the elites, they all are having end of season specials now.. metzers are being advertised as 49% off, can't beat these prices, motorcycle super store is saying their discounts now are more than ever before.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior

Just pulled in from Nashville Left around noon. 834 miles total since leaving Monday. The Commander IIs were really great performers. I think i am going to lower the front pressure another pound and see how that feels. I came home on all interstate and four lane and that gave me all types of roads for the round trip. Ran through some tar snakes with no bites. Hit a milled roadway and the grooves didn't adversely affect the steering.