Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome ride today

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 09:10 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Awesome ride today

59 degrees this morning which felt cold after it's been 90 so long. Buddy and wife met me and my wife here at home and took off. Took off to eastern Kentucky hill country to enjoy the scenery and some new roads never ridden. Got so far back in the woods we didn't see another car for over a hour! See a few shacks here and there. Was amazing that people still live like that here. They all came outside waving and smiling as we went by. I felt humbled and appreciative that I don't have to live that way. Then comes the twisty foothills roads. The heritage softail buddy was riding threw sparks and scraped floorboards the whole time. My 2002 wide glide hanged on like a champ even with old lady on the back. Then he tries to leave me going up hills after cracking jokes abou my small motor. Shoulda seen his face when that little 88 was breathing down his neck halfway up the hull, and then looking at him in the rear view mirror. I doubt he makes anymore 88 jokes.

Yea I know his bike is heavier than my WG. The softail is a 2011. My bike also had loaded bags, 2 up, and pushing a 21 memphis fats shield. That 88 in the dyna can eat him for breakfast . Kinda glad I picked up a old 88 5 speed

Old 09-14-2014, 12:26 AM
stackrat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a beautiful afternoon for riding here in KY today. Wish I could have been out but wife had plans for a garage sale. Hope to get outttomorro.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:21 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

My wife suggested we go for a ride yesterday. Was 56 degrees. Felt great to ride back in leathers again. Sky was deep blue, with very colorful, grey and white clouds, but sunny.

Gotta enjoy riding before Winter comes.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

55 degrees here this morning..A very Welcome change but it will warm up during the week yet.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:22 AM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A cool 57 ride home from work this morning!!

Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It only got to 62 as the high that day here. I was cold the first half hour. I had to make an adjustment to keep my head warm but after that I was good. First time wore any chaps too and what a difference they make. I was nervouse about riding in cool weather after taking a 3 year break from riding but it wasn't bad at all. Been worried it would end my riding season early but think I'll hang on untill the mid 40s come around. I hate to even think about it but winter is comming fast around here.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Today will be my day to ride with sunny skies and weather approaching the low 70s this afternoon here in Louisville. Time to hang up the summer mesh and break out the full leathers. Ms B and I ride year round with about 40* being my cut-off.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:50 AM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

More than once, I've wished that I lived in a shack in the middle of the woods.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:03 PM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

90's I wish. We didn't have but maybe two 90 degree days all year and personally love to ride in just a cut off shirt.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:08 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY
59 degrees this morning which felt cold after it's been 90 so long. Buddy and wife met me and my wife here at home and took off. Took off to eastern Kentucky hill country to enjoy the scenery and some new roads never ridden. Got so far back in the woods we didn't see another car for over a hour! See a few shacks here and there. Was amazing that people still live like that here. They all came outside waving and smiling as we went by. I felt humbled and appreciative that I don't have to live that way. Then comes the twisty foothills roads. The heritage softail buddy was riding threw sparks and scraped floorboards the whole time. My 2002 wide glide hanged on like a champ even with old lady on the back. Then he tries to leave me going up hills after cracking jokes abou my small motor. Shoulda seen his face when that little 88 was breathing down his neck halfway up the hull, and then looking at him in the rear view mirror. I doubt he makes anymore 88 jokes.

Yea I know his bike is heavier than my WG. The softail is a 2011. My bike also had loaded bags, 2 up, and pushing a 21 memphis fats shield. That 88 in the dyna can eat him for breakfast . Kinda glad I picked up a old 88 5 speed
Sounds like you're happy with your choice of motorcycles. Thats a good thing.
Don't feel too humbled, the people were coming out with smiles right? It's all where your heads at.

Had a guy on a 2014 103" Bob of some sort pull up next to me at a stop light a coupla weeks ago. He wanted to race. After a rolling start he punched it, I could not believe how fast I went by him when I did the same. I thought is that all you got?
We repeated it at the next two lights. These lights are 1/4 mile apart, so it was fun. I think I got his attention. He'll probably be going in for engine work this winter.
Oh! Where's the pics. Sounds like you're in beautiful country there.

Quick Reply: Awesome ride today