Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad luck with my V&H pro pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:29 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts
Default Bad luck with my V&H pro pipe

Not having good luck with my pro pipe. The 1st one I found out after changing flanges my front head pipe nose was out of round and although minimal had a slight leak. Talked to V&H and they made a new head pipe( customer service and warranty has been good so far and at least they are standin behind it). Got new head pipe today and the noses are dinged up and rear has plating chipping off. I'm not much of a nit picker but expect a $600 pipe to be of quality. They are making another one supposedly and will send it out. Hopefully this one doesn't leak until I can get the replacement. As long as I can keep heat shields from getting scratched then I guess I am content. Anyone have any trouble with quality or I should say lack of inspection before sending product out with V&H?

original

Replacement

Old 09-17-2014, 04:48 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sucks to have short run of bad luck. Glad to hear V&H is standing behind its product, at least so far.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:50 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Odd... my pipe was flawless and so far has held up great and performed well, good luck!

Old 09-17-2014, 12:27 PM
jmb79
Road Master

Originally Posted by spyderwebb
Odd... my pipe was flawless and so far has held up great and performed well, good luck!
Not odd at all. Any manufacturer can let a bad one slip out of the factory. I would be more surprised if your V&H pipes DID have the same problems as slyedog's.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:28 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jmb79
Not odd at all. Any manufacturer can let a bad one slip out of the factory. I would be more surprised if your V&H pipes DID have the same problems as slyedog's.
^ exactly. They are standing behind it. My only concern is pulling heat shields and scratching them. I am careful and put down blankets though. Fitment is top notch and they perform well. Doubt many other mfrs would stand behind them. Just wondered if the pro pipe may have some mfg issues or just a fluke.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:59 PM
jmb79
Road Master

Originally Posted by slyedog
^ exactly. They are standing behind it. My only concern is pulling heat shields and scratching them. I am careful and put down blankets though. Fitment is top notch and they perform well. Doubt many other mfrs would stand behind them. Just wondered if the pro pipe may have some mfg issues or just a fluke.
This is the first incident that I have read about here on the forum. I think there would be a few more threads about the same problem if it was more than a fluke.

And for the record I am not a V&H fanboy or employee, etc. I don't even run V&H on any of my bikes.

Last edited by jmb79; 09-17-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:29 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmb79
What do you think odd means; "differing in nature from what is ordinary, usual, or expected".

Hence, I haven't heard of anyone else with this pipe experiencing this kind of manufacturing problem, therefore it is odd.

Anyway, glad to hear they are standing behind what is normally a quality produced product!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

The original pipe was very hard to notice the nose out of round hence why I overlooked it. Very slight but enough to cause minor leak. Replacement just was not acceptable quality. I am very meticulous and most people are no where near as I. So the occasional defect may often go unnoticed. Just saying nothing is perfect and some may overlook or accept things others don't. I expect the next headpipe will be fine but clearly from pics the quality issue is apparent with the pipes I received. Neither had any shipping damage.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:22 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't know when heat shields are used the pipes are really chromed to perfection. My Short Shot pipes where kind of chromed but not show quality. But the heat shields were perfect. So I think they know the pipes will be covered and don't chrome them as good. Plus when I first started the bike the pipes started to blue a little at the exhaust port from the heat.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:07 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to see them stand behind theyre product.. ive been trying to get a response from bassani with no luck fb page and email...my end cap has a scratch on it and could easily be swapped for one with no scratch but no response..its still in the wrap in the box..