Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Super Brite LEDs for rear stop, turn, tail light

Old 08-23-2015, 04:07 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,226 Likes on 11,134 Posts
Default Super Brite LEDs for rear stop, turn, tail light

In my quest to be better seen while not breaking the bank..I bought the 3157 LED replacements from Super Brite LEDs. Their part number is:3157-WHP28T, and cost $24.95 each.

The TriGlide has 2 rear tail lights so I thought this would give me more brightness without breaking the bank in the area of $900 for Bright *** Lights.

But...it didn't work out:
- the Bright *** LEDs didn't fit. They were about 1/2" too long!
- and I tested their brightness and wear no brighter than the OEM 3157 filament bulb.

Oh yeah...it was a PITA to get the OEM bulb out of the socket, and I broke the bulb in the process. Alas...the auto equivalent by Sylvania at Pep Boys, does not have the heavy duty filaments like the OEM Harley bulbs. So, I'll be going to Harley for a bulb.

Then I'll get to test out Super Bright LEDs return policy.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,738 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Same kind of day I had yesterday ...

Went to the garage to install the new headlight assy ( dual bulb ). Took out the old and the new wouldn't fit. The Bucket needs to be changed. Called local shop and no bucket to be had. Special Order. So I had them get one, after the guy took my credit card number for the 4th time before getting it right. Reassembled and checked before I buttoned it up and the old headlight wasn't lit. Checked for power and ground and all was okay. Some dielectric grease and a retry and it lights. Reassemble and tighten up fasteners and the handle of the screwdriver ( Snap-On Long Blade Phillips) "disintegrates" in my hands. Grab another one and finish. Decided to replace the handle with one off of a seldom used screwdriver and pinch the crap out of my finger ( blood blister ). Calmed down and proceeded ( with caution ) and finished the handle change. Put the tools away, kissed my boo-boo, checked the lights ( just' cuz ) after it's all back together and only the high beam works. Needless to say the neighbors in the next county were aware that something wasn't good. Went to the fridge and I be damned if the beer was gone. "Red" went to a baby shower and took the nectar with her. I think I'm gonna call it a day before I resort to firepower :>(

Old 08-23-2015, 07:28 PM
lt1-xjs
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts

I run the smoked on mine but this is available in red with no plate light. Works great, better than I expected.
http://www.radiantz.com/en/products#...egory=10642126