Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Wiring turn signals and aux lights on a '14 RK CVO

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Don-T
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiring turn signals and aux lights on a '14 RK CVO

I am trying to get a set of turn signals relocated and install a set of auxiliary lights and a batwing fairing on my ’14 Road King CVO. I bought an auxiliary light kit from HD as well as a set of LED auxiliary lights. The wires from the lights are not long enough to reach the left and right connectors inside the headlight nacelle. I was hoping to go back to the dealer and order the wiring harnesses for a bike with a fairing and aux lights and just plug them in. I have been looking at the factory service manual and it appears this idea may not work because the connectors may be different. The next idea I have is to remove the wiring for the turn signals from the handle bars and use them. Is it possible to remove the pins from the turn signal connectors in the handle bar switches and pull the wires out without having to remove all the wiring from the handle bars? If I can get the wires for the signals out of the handle bars, I can change the pins if necessary to get everything to plug in.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:06 AM
cathead
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-T
I am trying to get a set of turn signals relocated and install a set of auxiliary lights and a batwing fairing on my ’14 Road King CVO. I bought an auxiliary light kit from HD as well as a set of LED auxiliary lights. The wires from the lights are not long enough to reach the left and right connectors inside the headlight nacelle. I was hoping to go back to the dealer and order the wiring harnesses for a bike with a fairing and aux lights and just plug them in. I have been looking at the factory service manual and it appears this idea may not work because the connectors may be different. The next idea I have is to remove the wiring for the turn signals from the handle bars and use them. Is it possible to remove the pins from the turn signal connectors in the handle bar switches and pull the wires out without having to remove all the wiring from the handle bars? If I can get the wires for the signals out of the handle bars, I can change the pins if necessary to get everything to plug in.
Any luck with this project? I have been trying something similar with my 15 RK hoping to install the Custom Auxiliary Light kit 67800367 but have also run into the wires being too short and the connectors being different inside the nacelle. In my case I was hoping to replace the lollypop turn signals and towel bar underneath the nacelle.