Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

DCT codes question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:12 PM
ozysteve
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCT codes question

Hi Guys, thank you allowing me to join up..........

I have a 2012 ULTRA CLASSIC that has hardly been used, 13000 klms (Australia) since new, im the first owner.

Some time ago the original OEM battery died, mainly due to me not using the bike and not using a maintenance charger either (not smart)

Im mechanically minded, and dont mind tinkering with the bike (and classic american car too), so pulled the dead battery and replaced.

Anyway, whilst out on the bike some weeks back i had the Check engine and Battery warning light come up on the display. Quickly returned home (I was just around the block) and parked up. I have read so much on here and other sites about this possibly being regulator/stator issue.....and on one or two forums there where videos on how to run the DIAG test.

So, today I ran the DIAG test using the trip reset and ignition and scrolled through the codes.

The first code that came up was P0562, Which is Battery Volts /ECM volts low, which would have been the case as the OEM battery had died.

The next thing that scrolled up was a PN number, im reading this online as a part number.......PN 33223-11. I cant find anything online to cross match or even identify this part, so I called the harley dealership.....as much use as a chocolate teapot too.

Has anyone any idea what this part is/was or cross matched, superseded with ?

I have cleared the codes for now..........

thanks again for allowing me in here and sorry my first post is such a long one...........

steve

Old 12-29-2017, 08:01 AM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 625 Posts

you need to get a fsm and electrical diagnostic books. the last number per-say is not actually a part number but i believe it is in ref to the internal software used for the region it is sold in.