Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Rear turn signal/brake light

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 12:27 PM
ColoradoLG
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear turn signal/brake light

Installed new bars yesterday. Now I don't have rear turn signals, and the rear brake doesn't light up when o press either the lever or the pedal. I have custom dynamics LEDs, and I don't remember what the lights look like just running, and then with the brakes engaged. All the fuses are good, and I'm stumped. Any ideas....tia.
Ben

Old 08-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 243 Likes on 141 Posts

Ben,
It is possible there is a pinched wire near the controls. A good starting point would be to check for any Diagnostic Trouble Codes to point you in the right direction. If you are riding a 2014-2018 Harley you can follow the steps below to pull those codes:

1. To enter diagnostic mode, press and hold the trip odometer reset switch located on the left handlebar control, while turning the IGN ON.
2. Release the trip odometer reset switch when “DIAG” appears on the ODOMETER DIS-PLAY.
3. Press and release the trip odometer reset switch until “BCM” is displayed on the odom-eter display. “BCM Y” = Yes DTC set. “BCM N” = No DTC set.
4. If “BCM Y” is displayed, press and hold the trip odometer reset switch.
5. If any DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) are stored in the module, the odometer will dis-play the DTC. Quickly pressing and releasing the trip odometer reset switch will cycle through the stored DTCs.
6. When all the DTCs have been cycled the odometer will display “END”. Continue to quickly press and release the trip odometer reset switch to cycle through the DTCs again.

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
Old 08-11-2018, 09:11 AM
ColoradoLG
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. I hooked up my tuner and cleared all my codes like an idiot, and I have no active codes. The rear lights are still not working, and I have no active codes, and no check engine light. I bought new cables, so i might try that, unless someone thinks it's the brake switch on the hand control??