Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Tour Pack Illumination - '07 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 07:48 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by wharfcreek
Found one in my back yard (Eastern Performance in Gambrills, Maryland). Looks to be about $110 or so.

So, you prefer this particular mechanism over the 'stock' tensioner? Can I perhaps get some detail as to 'Why?' I read some info about it on some of the ads for it, and the claim was that it provided quieter shifting with more of a 'click' than a 'clunk'....which if true is certainly a nice thing!! But, just looking at it, I'm curious about that 'floating' aspect of it, particularly on 'engine braking' when slop all goes to the top-side of the chain. Is the 'floating' aspect of this possibly a hazard in engine braking conditions by putting a lot of 'slop' on the top side of the primary chain when down shifting to brake? What's your experience with it?

Thanks, Tom
Tom,

I ran with one on my Evo Glide for many years and it was just fine. My bike didn't have the current style of stock self-adjusting tensioner, so I can't make any comparison with that, but mine certainly worked as advertised and improved my riding pleasure. The only reason I no longer use one is because I now have a DD6 and Baker advises against the M6 and they supply their own.

Last edited by grbrown; 10-11-2018 at 07:56 AM.