Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Suggestion for Engine Guard mounted LED driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:14 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Suggestion for Engine Guard mounted LED driving lights

Riding with a group yesterday, a H-D Road King in the group had a pair of very bright (LED I believe) engine guard mounted driving lights that really looked great in my mirror making his bike VERY visable. The rider told me that they were great for riding at night also as they lit up the road real well.

They were about 3" or 3 1'2 " in diameter with an intragal black body (not a bucket), but there was no brand visable. The rider did not remember the brand either and only remembered he bought them from a vendor at a past Daytona Bikeweek..

I have looked on various on-line sources but can not find these particular lights. It is not terribly important I find those exact lights, but it would be nice to know more about them if any one out there happens to know something.

I dont care for the small 2" buckets (similar to the H-D turn signals) with two rings of white LED's that are readily available. I was also able to find a set of very bright 4" LED bulbs that fit in buckets that can be mounted in a set of engine guard clamps. They look OK, but are a little big. A 3" size would be ideal, if available.

So, I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations for a set of engine guard mounted LED driving lights for my Heritage. Not too small and not to big, but just right

Old 10-17-2018, 10:45 AM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 243 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics Billet Bullet Units

Hi @FrankEV

If you are looking for a purely white driving light option, not turn signal integrated, Custom Dynamics® has Cool Magic™ Billet Bullet Driving Lights. These are also full billet aluminum bullet housings with a Chrome or Black anodized finish. These projection style LEDs display a 30 degree pattern of bright white light to give the rider greater visibility down the road. Each unit has a hollow 5/16 - 20 mounting stud which the wires feed through. Each unit measures 3.125" Long x 2.25" Diameter. These would typically secure using Tube Clamps wrapped around the engine guards.

Alternatively, our Billet Bullet LED Turn Signal unit may work for your application. These are made with Billet aluminum bullet housings and are available in a Chrome or Black anodized finish. Each unit measures 3.125” long x 2.25” diameter and has a hollow 5/16 – 20 mounting stud which the wires feed through. These would typically secure using Tube Clamps wrapped around the engine guards as well and is available with the Amber/White LEDs.

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
Old 10-17-2018, 11:30 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Thank you.

I have seen these and they are underconsideration. However, for the cost, I'm just not sure they will add the kind of light intensity and road coverage I would exspect to get from and auxiliary driving light.

Will you be at Datona Biketoberfest? If yes, where?

Old 10-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor

Hi @FrankEV ,

Yes, we will be at Daytona Biketober Fest. Our Factory Rig will be set up at Daytona International Speedway. We will have a full set up and techs available for product installation (first come, first served basis). You will be able to see our most popular products first had at the event.

We will also have a factory representative at Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson as well.

You can always check out our Events Page as well.

Hope to see you there!

Old 10-17-2018, 02:23 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Thanks.

Going to see if I can get there early.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:49 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Custom Dynamics
Yes, we will be at Daytona Biketober Fest. Our Factory Rig will be set up at Daytona International Speedway. We will have a full set up and techs available for product installation (first come, first served basis). You will be able to see our most popular products first had at the event.
Unfortunately the CD booth at the Daytonal Speedway not have the COOL MAGIC™ BILLET BULLET DRIVING LIGHTS with them so I was not able to see them or have the oportunity to purchase a set at this time.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:29 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Unfortunately the CD booth at the Daytonal Speedway did not have the COOL MAGIC™ BILLET BULLET DRIVING LIGHTS with them so I was not able to see them or have the oportunity to purchase a set at this time.
Just to complete this thread, i was able to find some driving lights I liked. Installed a set of VisionX 3.7″ CG2 Multi-LED Light Cannon driving lights. I also wound up having Custom Dynamics new SOFTAIL SMART TRIPLE PLAY®FOR 2018-2019 HERITAGE CLASSIC, DELUXE & LOW RIDER® installed to convert my rear signals to a full Run, Brake and Turn set up. If you care to read more about both of these install's please see: What did you do to Your Softail Today? Post 567 and Additional LED Lighting for my Cherry

Thanks to all who replied.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor

Hi Frank,

Glad you're pleased with the brightness of the turn signals and taillight! It seems you found a good alternate solution as far as the driving lights are concerned, and your Heritage looks great!

Last edited by Custom Dynamics; 10-23-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:51 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Custom Dynamics
Hi Frank,

Glad you're pleased with the brightness of the turn signals and taillight! It seems you found a good alternate solution as far as the driving lights are concerned, and your Heritage looks great!
Thanks.

I really like and am very happy with all of the CD products I have installed.

I was just was looking for a slightly larger very bright set of driving lights and the VisionX units fit that bill.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

I had these on my Ultra .. trust me .. they are bright and light up the road. I would suggest mounting them at medium height on the bars .. some peeps will flash ya if too high.

I would also like to make mention that one of the lights on my ultra sprung a leak. Luckily, I'm local to Custom Dynamics. I sent an email and got a return reply within a day asking when I could bring in the bike so that they could fix the leak.

Their response was quick .. the fix was permanent .. no further issues after they fixed a seal .. and the guys were great to hang out with and bull with.

I have no affiliation with these guys. I am simply a customer and its refreshing to see a company stand by their product. Soon as I save up my pennies, I will be putting the Chrome version of the Cool billets on my Softy. Note that unless changed from the time I bought the Ultra lights, the leds are guaranteed for life. They use a little less juice than halogens which is also a gain.

I would recommend them and when you get them installed .. make sure to get the wiring installed inside the crash bar. Looks nice and clean that way.

Regards
Chris