Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

TSSM (with no pin or fob) to TSM

Old 01-13-2019, 06:29 AM
Boson
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSSM (with no pin or fob) to TSM

Hello i have a Road King classic 2002.
Both my FoB's have run out of battey and dose not work with the bike any more.
it has had several owners and i don't have the pin to unarm the bike (i have tried several standard codes and codes such as 1 2 3 4 5)
now my qustion is can i buy a TSM unit of ebay to get it running again (without the alarm) or do i need a new ECU aswell ?
or do u have any other usefull tips to get the bike running again ?

Marcus

Old 01-13-2019, 06:41 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Marcus, hi from across the North Sea! Fit new batteries on your FOBs and contact your local dealer. At the very least talk through your problem with them. I'm pretty sure they should be able to reset your system and leave it working once more - unless there is a fundamental problem with it. Will a cheap s/h Ebay replacement work? I suspect that may come to you with much the same problems. Sometimes we have to bite the bullet.....

Old 01-13-2019, 06:49 AM
K. Lindberg
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Code

I think there is a way of reading the code beeing presented in the odometer using the ignition key and the indicator switches in a specific pattern.

Try searching on this forum or on G00gle

Old 01-13-2019, 06:56 AM
K. Lindberg
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Code

To reset the code with a TSSM equipped bike(with button fob), you will:
1) Set your kill switch to off
2) Quickly turn the ignition switch on, off, on, off, on
3) Immediately press and let go of the left turn signal switchtwice (press, let go, press, let go)
4) Press and let go of your fob button twice (press fairly hard, it's designed to resist being pressed by keys and whatnot in your pocket)
5) Current PIN number will be displayed on odometer
6) Change the PIN by pressing the left signal until the desired number is reached
7) Press the fob button twice to cycle to the next number and repeat step 7
8) Press and let go the right signal and turn ignition off when 5 digit PIN is satisfactory NOTE: Steps 2 through 4 must be completed in quick succession of each other.

Now you can have the bike armed, and disarm with the PIN (example PIN will be 25522 in the following steps):
1) Ignition switchto Accessories
2) Immediately press both turn signals at the same time (red key light on you speedometer will flash rapidly if done right) 3) Press and let go the left signal 2 times
4) Press and let go the right signal once
5) Press and let go the left signal 5 times
6) Press and let go the right signal once
7) Repeat for each of the last three numbers of the PIN (left 5 times, right once, left 2 times, right once, left 2 times, right once)
8) Red key on speedo will stop blinking if done right (security has been disarmed) NOTE: Steps 2 through 7 must be completed in quick succession of each other.

The above text was copied from another forum and written by a knowledgable person.

Last edited by K. Lindberg; 01-13-2019 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-13-2019, 07:30 AM
Boson
Stage III

Can't do that since the fob aint working they lose their coding when the battry in the fob runs out.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:31 AM
Boson
Stage III

This modele dose not show in the odometer. but it dosent mather since icant unarm the bike i cant check the code.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Welcome to the Forum from Utah.
How long have you owned the bike?
In the 2004 Electrical Diagnostic Manual, TSSM Key Fob Battery Replacement:
Open fob and remove battery
Install new battery with + side down,Panasonic 2032 or equivalent
snap case halves together
Stand next to bike and hold key fob button for 10 - 15 seconds until the security system responds with 2 turn signal flashes/siren chirp.

Good Luck

Old 01-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 886 Likes on 621 Posts

With a new battery in the fob, hold it next to the left handlebar and hold the button for up to 2 minutes. Be sure the battery is installed in the fob correctly. Sometimes that is the only little known way to get them to talk again. See if the bike reacts. If it does, arm and disarm the system. Try both fobs. This has helped many people whose fob batteries died and the TSSM lost contact with them.

If you have not done so - always verify your fuses as well.

If the ECM is in security mode, you cannot swap to TSM.

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 01-13-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:16 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

The dealer can reset your system. FOB batteries are standard 2032 wafer batteries available at every stop-n-rob and are easy to change and will Murphy you when they go dead.

The battery in the new to me 2003 Ultra Annie was a few years old when I got it and it was quickly giving it up cranking over a newly built high compression 95. I was out and about one afternoon and I got Murphy'd, it would not crank. Lights and all that, but no tank pump and start sequence, and both turn signals were going, and there was this little red key icon on the speedo that is supposed to go off and stay off after self-test clears...

I talked to a good tech I know at the local dealer and he told me that the FOB battery was probably dead and the system voltage was too low and the security system had shut it down. He said to try a top charge on the battery and replace the FOB battery, pull the lights fuse, turn the power on and let it sit for about 10 minutes to marry up with the FOB and try again. If that did not work, I would need to haul it to him and he could reset the codes. I got the FOB battery, jumped a car battery to the motorcycle battery, didn't worry about the fuse, and about 12 minutes later, it cranked and I was on my way. I have rode off several times and left the FOB at home without any issues at all but I learned that, with my bike, the FOB doesn't matter until it matters, then you are Murphy'd

Old 03-31-2022, 10:19 PM
Chiarizia1
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No display either

No matter if I press the left turn signal 2 times or 3 times in the procedure, I can't get a code to appear. My bike is a 2011 Heritage Softail Classic with the Harley upgraded speedometer with tachometer, I don't know if that makes any difference or not. Can any one tell me what the frick is going wrong. Alarm works fine. But I was told from previous owner they never set a code so should still have factory code set . I understand it's 31313