Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

2003 Touring Alarm pin not showing

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 05:28 PM
Biker Bob
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2003 Touring Alarm pin not showing

Hey all, I have a 2003 FLHRSEI2 CVO Road King that I'm trying to get the alarm pin number. I want to record the pin # or maybe change it. I've watched tons of videos trying to learn how to do this & nothing seems to work as shown in the videos for 1999 thru 2005 bikes.

I did the press & hold the odometer while turning on the ignition to get any fault codes. I did find a 5 digit code as the last code.
I did the on, off, on, off, on then pressed the left turn signal twice (& 3 times), right turn signal once (& twice), all with no luck.
I did the on, off, on, off, on then pressed the left turn signal twice, pressed the alarm key fob twice, with no luck.
I did it with the run switch in off & on.

What am I doing wrong? Any info would be appreciated!

Last edited by Biker Bob; 06-17-2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:15 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

Don’t know about the CVO in ‘03, don’t have a pin or security system for that matter. Only a siren if the bike moves.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:38 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

You might try the procedure I used on my 2003 Ultra Classic to retrieve and change the PIN....

Set RUN switch to off
Turn the IGNITION switch: On-Off; On-Off; On
Push Left Turn switch two times and release...security light and turn signals will flash 1-3 times depending on your configuration: (1 flash = No security, 2 = Domestic, and 3 = European)
Quickly press FOB button two times and release, lights will flash one time and bike will be in Personal Code Entry Mode
Press Left Turn switch one time and release. No light flashing response signals that there is no code entered. If there is a code, the lights will flash 1-9 times for the first number. Press the Left Turn each time to read the next number. You should get two light flashes to indicate the second number, three for the third and four for the last number in the PIN.

If you want to change the PIN numbers, with a number selected, push the FOB button twice quickly and use the Left Turn switch to select the number you want to change to
Press the FOB button twice to confirm the change and then press the Left Turn switch to move to the next number.

The following 2 users liked this post by skinman13:
Biker Bob (06-18-2019), pgrchaplain (06-19-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Biker Bob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skinman13
You might try the procedure I used on my 2003 Ultra Classic to retrieve and change the PIN....

Set RUN switch to off
Turn the IGNITION switch: On-Off; On-Off; On
Push Left Turn switch two times and release...security light and turn signals will flash 1-3 times depending on your configuration: (1 flash = No security, 2 = Domestic, and 3 = European)
Quickly press FOB button two times and release, lights will flash one time and bike will be in Personal Code Entry Mode
Press Left Turn switch one time and release. No light flashing response signals that there is no code entered. If there is a code, the lights will flash 1-9 times for the first number. Press the Left Turn each time to read the next number. You should get two light flashes to indicate the second number, three for the third and four for the last number in the PIN.

If you want to change the PIN numbers, with a number selected, push the FOB button twice quickly and use the Left Turn switch to select the number you want to change to
Press the FOB button twice to confirm the change and then press the Left Turn switch to move to the next number.
BEST INFO YET! My alarm is the OEM Harley alarm, the key fob works & my alarm works.

But, I did the on, off, on, off, on. Hit the L turn signal twice & alarm fob twice. Got 2 flashing lights. Hit L turn again, no flashing light (= no pin set).

Can you explain the change of pin for me? I am able to scroll through 3 numbers using the Right turn to advance to next pin i.e. 1 blink, 2 blink, 3 blink then back to 1 blink like it is a 3 digit pin. My problem is I can't seem to get it to take a new pin #. So if I wanted to set all pin #'s to say 2 how would I do that?

THANKS SO MUCH! Bob

Old 06-18-2019, 01:21 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 508 Likes on 443 Posts
Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 AM
Biker Bob
Road Warrior

2003 Touring alarm pin

I finally figured it out. At least what works on my bike.

HOW TO READ, CHANGE OR SET SECURITY PIN:
HOW TO DISARM SECURITY ALARM USING TURN SIGNALS: NO SIREN!
To read security pin
Set Run switch to OFF
Turn ignition on off on off on
Press left turn signal 2 times (turn signals flash)
Press alarm fob 2 times
IMPORTANT! My speedo security key icon is what flashes the code not the blinkers.
Left turn 1 time. 0 flashes of key icon on speedo = no code. If it flashes = first pin #. Press key fob twice to advance to next pin #.
Press left TS to read next pin #. Press key fob twice and so on.

To change or set new pin code,
Set Run switch to OFF
Turn ignition on off on off on
Left turn signal 2 times (turn signals flash)
Alarm fob 2 times
Press Left TS desired number of times to correspond to desired pin number.
Note: To CHANGE pin, pressing the left TS multiple times will cause key icon on speedo to flash 1 time through 9 times then back to 1 time. Just watch the key icon to flash the desired number of times.
Press key fob twice to advance to next number.
When all 5 are entered, turn off ignition.

When turning off alarm without key fob:
DON'T MOVE THE BIKE FROM JIFFY STAND = NO SIREN!
Set Run switch to OFF
Ignition must be turned to ACCESSORIES.
Quickly press & hold both turn signals in. Key icon will flash when ready to accept pin.
Left turn signal = first pin # then press Right turn signal to advance. Press Left TS for next pin #, then Right TS to advance and so on.
After the 5th pin #, key icon will extinguish & you're good to go.

Thanks to all for your help.

Last edited by Biker Bob; 06-19-2019 at 11:52 AM.