Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener

Old 09-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Gmshtr
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered one of the inline modules. Looking forward to installing it when I get back home. Hope it works...I'm getting tired of dealing with the keypad!

Old 11-23-2015, 08:40 PM
spepin
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey everybody -- just a quick note to say that from now until December 31st, everything is 20% off for the holidays. If you're unable to make your HD opener receiver to work with your LiftMaster, Chamberlain or AssureLink opener (or any other device that interfaces with it for that matter), or if you need a replacement for a dead HD receiver for far less than from HD, now is the time to make your move!

Check out the complete product line at www.CreativeAccessSolutions.com

Last edited by spepin; 11-24-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: removing an inaccurate statement
Old 11-23-2015, 11:21 PM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by spepin

BTW, HD has discontinued the receiver as an individual item (the complete kit is still available though).
Looks to me like they still sell it http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-door-receiver

Old 11-23-2015, 11:41 PM
madsonp
Road Captain

For those of you that have installed the Harley opener inside a steel building or in a house that has metal siding, you've probably notice that the range of the transmitter is poor to say the least. Mine is installed in a steel building so I did a modification to the antenna to increase the range. Here's how to do the modification from a thread I wrote on the subject if you're interested.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ification.html

Old 11-24-2015, 08:24 AM
spepin
Novice

Originally Posted by madsonp
Looks to me like they still sell it http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-door-receiver
Interesting -- yesterday it was showing not available. They must have been doing some site maintenance. I do see it back online today though. I've edited my post. Thanks for pointing that out for me!

Last edited by spepin; 11-24-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:30 AM
madsonp
Road Captain

Interesting -- yesterday it was showing not available. They must have been doing some site maintenance. I do see it back online today though.
I like the price of the receiver you offer much better, I did buy one from you a while back for my other garage, works great and half the price.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:52 AM
spepin
Novice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by madsonp
I like the price of the receiver you offer much better, I did buy one from you a while back for my other garage, works great and half the price.
Glad it's working for you -- I do like the antenna extension you did -- looks very well thought out and clean. Thanks again for your business!

Old 01-17-2016, 05:16 PM
jim15flhtk
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I purchased this

So I have the Harley Davidson garage door opener that interfaces with the headlight switch on my bike. Works great - or at least it did until I replaced my old opener with a new Chamberlain / Liftmaster opener with MyQ technology (the MyQ technology allows you to interface additional lighting controls with the opener, as well as control/monitor it through your smart phone or via the internet). Since the wall control uses a new smart interface (there is a built-in LCD display that shows time/temperature and allows for programming), the simple dry contact output of the Harley receiver is no longer compatible.

I have developed a modification which adds a Security+2.0 MyQ interface which restores full functionality of the Harley garage door opener interface, and it installs within the case of the original receiver. Note that the Crafstman AssureLink openers are functionally identical to the Chamberlain/Liftmaster, so this modification applies to those as well.

The modification is available as a service (where the buyer sends their existing receiver to me for modification) Also, I'm currently offering brand new receivers with the Security+2.0 MyQ interface already built in, and also as an inline module add-on. Currently, the modification service is listed at $50 which includes parts, labor, testing and a 90 day warranty. Brand new OEM (non Harley branded, but otherwise identical in appearance and operation), are $75 (which is the same as the list price for the Harley Davidson 91562-01 receiver, but includes the modification already installed). An inline module runs $55. Also available is a universal module, which is the same as the inline module, but it has longer leads with tinned wires instead of the connectors, to connect virtually any legacy equipment with relay outputs.

You can check out the modification service and inline modules here:
www.creativeaccesssolutions.com

Steve.

P.S. I've attached some pics of what goes into the modification so you see that it's not just a waste of money. In the first set of photos, the small board is the Security+2.0 MyQ interface. No other external modifications need to be made. The second set of photos show the inline module. With the inline module, no need to ship your receiver to me (unless it's not working and you want me to check it out, or you want the stealth look of everything being inside the receiver with nothing external). Either way, it's just plug-n-play.
I purchased this part. It took 30 seconds to install and now my garage door works with my headlight switch. Thanks!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2016, 06:28 PM
spepin
Novice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jim15flhtk
I purchased this part. It took 30 seconds to install and now my garage door works with my headlight switch. Thanks!!!!!!!
Thanks for your business, Jim! Once again, my apologies for the delay in getting it to you. If the original shipment shows up, just refuse it and have them send it back. Cheers!

Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 PM
sfckelley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a module for a Ryobi Garage door opener? Just installed one and now my HD receiver will not work with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener