Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Battery light comes on

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:11 PM
jammex
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery light comes on

2012 Superglide, 4500 miles. installed new exhaust system, went out for a ride and after 5 miles the battery light came on. Put is on the maintainer overnight and rode the next day with the same result. Checked the battery with a meter and had over 12 volts. Checked with engine running and had 14 volts and red light was still on. Since I had pulled the O2 sensors and reinstalled them is there any type of computer reset? Or, did I do some damage. The instructions said to pull the main 40 amp breaker to shut off power while working on the bike. When I replaced the breaker there was a pretty good spark, could that have damaged something? Don't want to take it on a long ride until I am sure things are working right. Let's hear what you think, thanks, jim

Old 03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
jammex
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a new bike to me. Was not aware of the code system for diagnosis. Had it checked out and turns out I damaged the brake light actuator switch. No big deal, $15, two wires, probably have replaced these a few times in the past. But, NO. The 2012 has a modular molded plug which makes it impossible to remove the old switch and replace with the new one. Requires a new harness for the right side, $275. I screwed up big time. The bike runs fine without it just no brake light.