Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Looking for dyno tuner in my area

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Noblehd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for dyno tuner in my area

I am in Grand Rapids, MI and looking for the best tuner to take my bike to after my cam install. I am installing Tman torqsters and using a power vision tuner ..... 2015 street glide. Any recommendations appreciated.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:45 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 209 Posts

I wonder if Dynojet would have a list of all shops trained in their equipment?

Old 01-03-2016, 10:57 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,946 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
I wonder if Dynojet would have a list of all shops trained in their equipment?
Well, looky here:

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...g%2c+MI%2c+USA

Last edited by GalvTexGuy; 01-03-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:15 PM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

Just because they bought a dyno & went to a 2 hour class dosnt make them a good tuner (if they did they will be on dynojets list) go by reputation.not the list here

Old 01-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Noblehd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your exactly right... I could do a search and find plenty of places with a dyno. I am looking for references from people that have used a particular tuner in my area with good reviews/results. I know there are tuners through out the country with great reputations just none close to me here in MI that I have found.

Last edited by Noblehd; 01-03-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found my shop from the DynaJet site. I was quite suprised to find none in the immediate Louisville metro area. The closest 'certified' one to me was about 30 miles away in a long standing independent Harley shop. Spent $500 on a PV license and a dyno tune. Dyno sheets showed almost 10/10 between the before and after run. On the road there was a marked difference in overall smoothness and performance. Perhaps not the cheapest tune but I wanted a PV tune with actual dyno sheets.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:46 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by prodrag1320
Just because they bought a dyno & went to a 2 hour class dosnt make them a good tuner (if they did they will be on dynojets list) go by reputation.not the list here
Wrong. To become an Approved Power Commander Tuning Center, the technician must attend three days of classroom and hands-on training at Dynojet in Las Vegas. The link I provided lists Approved Power Command Tuning Centers.

So, if the OP wants to do a little leg work, like calling some of the centers, talking to the technicians and asking relevant questions, I think he should be able to tell if the technician knows his stuff or not.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:53 PM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Wrong. To become an Approved Power Commander Tuning Center, the technician must attend three days of classroom and hands-on training at Dynojet in Las Vegas. The link I provided lists Approved Power Command Tuning Centers.

So, if the OP wants to do a little leg work, like calling some of the centers, talking to the technicians and asking relevant questions, I think he should be able to tell if the technician knows his stuff or not.

Im dead on right.even 3 days isnt going to make anyone a good tuner.i had a dyno for over 25 years and know what it takes.we re-tuned alot of bikes from "dynojet certified" tuning centers that were horrible tunes.the HD dealer in indiana where we moved from had a certified bone head that blew up 4 bikes in 2 months before they were forced to take him off the dyno

Old 01-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,780 Likes on 18,557 Posts

I've seen a bunch of "certified idiots" ....

Old 01-03-2016, 04:05 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by prodrag1320
Im dead on right.even 3 days isnt going to make anyone a good tuner.i had a dyno for over 25 years and know what it takes.we re-tuned alot of bikes from "dynojet certified" tuning centers that were horrible tunes.the HD dealer in indiana where we moved from had a certified bone head that blew up 4 bikes in 2 months before they were forced to take him off the dyno
Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I've seen a bunch of "certified idiots" ....
So, by both your logic, all Dynojet technicians blow up bikes and are idiots. Riiiiiight...

At least I've given the OP some options, which is more than I can say for you two geniuses.

Last edited by GalvTexGuy; 01-03-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for dyno tuner in my area