Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

New 1200 custom oil drips after ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:05 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 95th 1200
Seat bolt coming out wasn't on HD, that was on the dealer for not noticing it during the PDI set up. The dealer is to check all critical fasteners, update ECM/ABS/audio software (if equipped), install mirrors, windshield, and back rests, set belt tension, check all fluids, fuel, test ride, and print out a Motorcycle Condition Report. As far as the oil leak, it was built by people. Mistakes happen. Pick any manufacturer (I used to work at a Honda car dealer) and you'll see occasional defects in materials and/or workmanship from time to time. It's the luck of the draw.
Luck of the draw. I call ..... BS
If everything was done right the first time I'd have nothing to complain about, and the dealership wouldn't have to be dealing with me.
Human nature yes , mistakes yes ,quality control Piifffuuusssttt
Ahh come on ... now no one picked that up as it was going down the line ? The dealers said they took pictures to forward to that assy plant because it was that bad and just as well it didn't fail and come out as it would have dumped all my oil over the front pully belt and back wheel.

But I'm guessing we can put that in the **** happens category.

Wiz

Old 07-23-2017, 03:13 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

coming from a cbr600rr honda world myself, i see what your saying. You gotta realize your in a different world here, the dealerships are filled with dipshits and cheese ball salesman. I would never buy a new harley, i only buy used and then i go through the bike myself or take it to an independent MC shop. Harleys are cool buy IMO you have to get a 10 year old used one with no warranty, most of the bugs worked out already by that time as well.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:01 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by saltlick
coming from a cbr600rr honda world myself, i see what your saying. You gotta realize your in a different world here, the dealerships are filled with dipshits and cheese ball salesman. I would never buy a new harley, i only buy used and then i go through the bike myself or take it to an independent MC shop. Harleys are cool buy IMO you have to get a 10 year old used one with no warranty, most of the bugs worked out already by that time as well.
👍

Wiz

Old 07-23-2017, 07:25 AM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

I'll come over and check all your fasteners and torque specs so you can finally take the tampon outta your *** and chill out.

Or go back to the jap world.

The following users liked this post:
Fat11Lo (07-23-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl
I'll come over and check all your fasteners and torque specs so you can finally take the tampon outta your *** and chill out.

Or go back to the jap world.
I think he needs to go to his safe space, light some scented candles, sip his caramel mocha hazelnut latte, and do some yoga while listening to whale sounds and bring himself back to center after the Harley world has done him so much wrong.

SERIOUSLY get the f*#k over it, if they refused to fix it then you may have something to bitch a little about, but a loose seat bolt and a cross threaded fitting? Of course I'm sure you have never made one single mistake in your professional life and can sit in your glass house, throw stones and cry you big boy tears. Take your boyfriend and or husband ride the bike and get over it or sell the poorly assembled death trap and move the f*#k on

Old 07-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I think he needs to go to his safe space, light some scented candles, sip his caramel mocha hazelnut latte, and do some yoga while listening to whale sounds and bring himself back to center after the Harley world has done him so much wrong.

SERIOUSLY get the f*#k over it, if they refused to fix it then you may have something to bitch a little about, but a loose seat bolt and a cross threaded fitting? Of course I'm sure you have never made one single mistake in your professional life and can sit in your glass house, throw stones and cry you big boy tears. Take your boyfriend and or husband ride the bike and get over it or sell the poorly assembled death trap and move the f*#k on

😂

Wiz

Old 07-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo

Go **** ya self yank

Wiz

Last edited by Wizardofaus; 07-29-2017 at 11:31 PM.