Clutch recommendations for a 124 - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Clutch recommendations for a 124

P

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM
Road Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat11Lo View Post
Is the bolt on basket OK (321-30-02012) or the one with the primary and ring gear (321-30-46012)?
As long as your current ring gear works, teeth aren't worn or damaged, and years match, use it, but call Barnett tech (not sales), and get everything perfect and matching with what you have.
It will be a killer set up for your motor package.
The Following User Says Thank You to PWMORRIS For This Useful Post:
Fat11Lo (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdtail78 View Post
Bandit is top notch for the strip. With the added hat and it's full adjustability. The thing can really be tuned to what you want. BUT for a street ridden bike. It can be a bit grabby. Stack height and free play movement can be less forgiving. Running less fluid helps, but I don't know how the affects these late model comps. I have also seen them be very intolerant to a slipping clutch. Steel plates are thin and loose their temper pretty quick.

I like the feel of the over center on a diaphragm clutch. For street bikes I like the Primo Pro Clutch. Big builds that peak tq around 4500. Adding their hat is an option.
My Indy wrote ( pro clutch ) on the parts list. I'm pretty sure this is the one he is talking about.

P