Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Vance & Hines 575 Performance Cam for 103TC

Old 07-22-2017, 01:45 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

seems he wants to keep it all vance and Hines, if that fp3 tuner is gonna 'shine', I'm sure its with THERE CAMS/PIPES ETC.......makes sense......and its a good company with a great rep, just cause you haven't heard anything doesn't make it bad, I'm not a 'follower' in the sense either....jus saying..good luck w/cams report on them plz....sometime NO news, is GOOD NEWS!!!! LOL..

The following users liked this post:
motoman172 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 04:38 PM
motoman172
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks... Yeah I am not sure why he's hating on V&H but as someone who has 20 yrs of Motorcycle industry experience... NO one spends more time or money in the complete package as does V&H...

Simply put I have faith that the combination has been well tuned... I was merely curious if anyone else has these cams... their thoughts etc...

It's not exactly "new" either...

To each their own, I am not hating...

Old 07-25-2017, 04:40 PM
motoman172
Advanced

Also I will definitely let everyone know the difference and my thoughts...

Install date has been pushed back to August 5th as I await the bigger oil pump.. (Just in case I decide to do more later) I am already in there...

Old 07-25-2017, 04:49 PM
motoman172
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arseclown
There are so many tried and tested cams for every kind of twin cam that I don't know why a company would bring out another cam now when some of the bikes have already gone to the m8 engine and more will follow soon. Ditto why you wouldn't simply use one of the tried and tested cams too

No one puts more money and R&D in their own products than V&H... I trust that... Some of these other company's only make "cams" and although they may have good reviews... Vance & Hines tests all of their products in conjunction with what they make and alone...

I was merely looking for others feedback who have this cam...
It's not exactly a new cam either but to each their own...

Best thing about owning a Harley is the only time you will see time two the same is from assembly line to showroom floor... after that they are all an extension of the owner...

Peace

Old 07-26-2017, 04:44 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by motoman172
Thanks... Yeah I am not sure why he's hating on V&H but as someone who has 20 yrs of Motorcycle industry experience... NO one spends more time or money in the complete package as does V&H...

Simply put I have faith that the combination has been well tuned... I was merely curious if anyone else has these cams... their thoughts etc...

It's not exactly "new" either...

To each their own, I am not hating...
I'm not hating just having an opinion and asking a question on a discussion forum. Isn't what this is about? Forums are for opinions. If people can't appreciate different opinions maybe they shouldn't participate.

​​​​​​But since im apparently a hater I'll add that if vance and Hines are investing so much into r&d then that's pretty funny as most of their exhausts are among the worst performing (except if noise or looking like everyone else is important). The fuel pak is not as capable as a TTS, pv or race tuner so I wouldn't buy one given there is little difference in cost. And cams? Well v&h won't be manufacturing them and who knows how they'll work as was the question asked.

​And I've had Vance and Hines products before.

Good luck none the less. We're all different.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:22 AM
motoman172
Advanced

Well now I know why the name...

It IS all about discussing opinions in forums... But it's another to enter into a discussion with nothing to offer but attitude...

As for Vance and Hines, you're obviously not a fan... great... to each their own

Old 08-02-2017, 12:13 PM
PacoElProfesor
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I most certainly will give MY review once I get them installed... I ordered them on 18th from JPcycle.com free shipping and additional 10% off my gold membership price was $367.64
received them today (20th)

ill take photos and give review along way
Any updates? I'm about to order a set.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:32 PM
motoman172
Advanced

Not yet... installing on Saturday
I'll post as soon as I'm finished

Old 08-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Br125
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by PacoElProfesor
Any updates? I'm about to order a set.
These are very similar to the well proven andrews 57 cams. Save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:55 PM
PacoElProfesor
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not yet... installing on Saturday
I'll post as soon as I'm finished
What Pushrods did you end up getting? I'm looking at these: https://www.sscycle.com/products/qui...oint-050-inch/

Last edited by PacoElProfesor; 08-02-2017 at 01:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
motoman172 (08-09-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vance & Hines 575 Performance Cam for 103TC