Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Help adjustable pr with 570 easy start

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:34 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Hope you got it figured out by now! If not do you have anyone you can call to help or a dealership? It's not that difficult maybe you just need to refresh and start anew tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:48 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Hope you got it figured out by now! If not do you have anyone you can call to help or a dealership? It's not that difficult maybe you just need to refresh and start anew tomorrow.
yea, I got it finally,lol..what it is, was I heard 5 different ways of doing it, I narrowed it down to the most logical, that I understood, rode all day, no tapping, ran nice!!!today was a good day, thanks

Old 09-15-2017, 02:49 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

what size hpi throttle body did you go with, and that pipe never heard of, good performer?

Old 09-15-2017, 02:52 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2deuceguy
I'm no expert, but how I do it is have a buddy turn the rear wheel while I have my fingers on the lifters (watch them in your case since pushrods are already in) the whole purpose in TDC compression stroke is so the lifters are on the base circle of the cam. Once I get both on base circle (rear cylinder) I set the intake at zero lash then do however many turns out those pushrods require. Then I set the exhaust the same way. Let it sit for an hour or so. Now have the buddy roll the rear wheel and watch for both lifters on the front cylinder to be on their base circle. Now adjust the front cylinder just like you did the rear. Also note that this is for regular cams. I've never used easy starts so not sure what variation comes with them.
actually easier, that lil bump up and down and the click are a dead give away ONE side is on the lobe, all you do is go a tad past the click, and ur dead on!

Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
what size hpi throttle body did you go with, and that pipe never heard of, good performer?
Congrats and good for you!

I have the SE 50mm throttle body, I just changed my AC to an HPI and it's a work of beauty.

My exhaust is made by Supertrapp, great unit tuneable for volume and performance. Fuel Moto makes a nice exhaust similar in technology as well.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:09 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Congrats and good for you!

I have the SE 50mm throttle body, I just changed my AC to an HPI and it's a work of beauty.

My exhaust is made by Supertrapp, great unit tuneable for volume and performance. Fuel Moto makes a nice exhaust similar in technology as well.
thanks brotha, now I have to learn to how to use this power vision, I thought it would be easy like fp3 YEAAA RIGHTTTT, I don't even know if I programmed it, I couldn't find a success screen, or anything saying eco took tune, when I shut , doesn't matter ill call fuel Moto on Monday,lol, one problem at a time, man upgrading a motor , didn't realize all the work id encounter, especially all the money I have into this now, I should be just riding?????

Old 09-16-2017, 01:16 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

the dyno jet website has some very good and easy to understand videos that can help you with your PV. specifically related to what you have posted about.
m

Old 09-16-2017, 01:24 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by marcodarq
the dyno jet website has some very good and easy to understand videos that can help you with your PV. specifically related to what you have posted about.
m
I looked, I don't see where after you shut key off to lock in program, any type of sucsesss screen etc, as if I loaded tune they sent, bike stalls immediately? I didn't think it would be that off

Old 09-16-2017, 01:51 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

it will tell you whether or not the re-flash was completed BEFORE you turn off the key, you can actually watch the process as it it happening,,,,let me try to find a link.
m

Old 09-16-2017, 01:54 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

try this

Quick Reply: Help adjustable pr with 570 easy start