Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Help adjustable pr with 570 easy start

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 06:40 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by IKnowNot
OK, I responded to your post in all ernest, but in truth this entire section should be moved to the tuning/ Dyno Room section, and you need to take a few steps back.

Just be advise, I was smoking a GREAT cigar and drinking a GREAT air-rated cognac waiting for a response.

You told FM what your build was, and they (assumingly) gave you a map for what you asked for.

They apparently, and admittedly, do not have a lot of experience with S&S cams.
They chose a tune that closely matches your build and your cam, based on their knowledge
They told you it was not exact. (gee, that is not uncommon for any tuner business … unless you have parts that exactly match what they specifically say they have a tune for, with NO divination.)

You asked for and ordered a PV with TT (Power Vision and Target Tune.)

They sent you the units with a pre-loaded map.
They knew you were going to use the Target Tune, because they were selling it to you at the same time as the Power Vision.
So, ASSUMINGLY, (I know, I should not assume …) apparently they sent you a tune, as close as they could, set up for use with Target Tune (TT).

ALL THAT SAID … GO BACK TO MY PREVIOUS POST !!!

SO ……
You need to install the Target Tune unit BEFORE ...BEFORE ...BEFORE …
you run the bike with that tune that FM sent you.

You can not run a tune set up for Target Tune without having Target Tune installed!

Since you already flashed the ECM with the tune that was created for the PV with TT all you have to do is connect the TT (per instructions) and it should (hopefully) be close.

Then run the Auto Tunes and see how it does.

The only way to know is to test it.

BTW you were 100 percent right!, thank you!!!