Europe All of Europe "Hey, it's small!"

American Selling bike on German economy.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:19 PM
MConde85
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Selling bike on German economy.

I'm thinking about selling my 09 Fat Bob on the German economy so that I can make some money off the euro and turn around to buy a 2012 Fat Bob with the new 103 and abs.

Bikes in Germany sell for the same price as they do in the states except the price in in euro instead of dollars....so it's very expensive for me unless I buy one from a military sales on base, which is where I'd buy the new Fat Bob.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks

Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MConde85
I'm thinking about selling my 09 Fat Bob on the German economy so that I can make some money off the euro and turn around to buy a 2012 Fat Bob with the new 103 and abs.

Bikes in Germany sell for the same price as they do in the states except the price in in euro instead of dollars....so it's very expensive for me unless I buy one from a military sales on base, which is where I'd buy the new Fat Bob.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks
I think that if your bike has military plates you haven't paid any custom duties therefore if you want to sell it on the local economy import duties must be paid first-20+% VAT plus another 10%-
To register the bike locally it must undergo several modifications to comply with local laws etc.etc.
Believe me I've done it and it's a big pain in the a$$,why don't you advertise it on the Stars and Stripes and try to sell to another service member stationed in Europe?Good luck.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
MConde85
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
I think that if your bike has military plates you haven't paid any custom duties therefore if you want to sell it on the local economy import duties must be paid first-20+% VAT plus another 10%-
To register the bike locally it must undergo several modifications to comply with local laws etc.etc.
Believe me I've done it and it's a big pain in the a$$,why don't you advertise it on the Stars and Stripes and try to sell to another service member stationed in Europe?Good luck.
Thanks for the info. Reason I wasn't going to sell it to another service member was because no American is going to want to pay what it's worth in Euro instead of dollars....but a German might. But like you said sounds like more of a pain.

I noticed some of the euro harley's have a round plate on the side of the exhaust with a wire coming out of it....not sure what it's for but it's either a new thing or some kind of German/euro emissions thing.