Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   EVO (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/evo-84/)
-   -   US1 Northern terminus (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/evo/1128447-us1-northern-terminus.html)

HGM 07-26-2016 08:53 PM

US1 Northern terminus

So, I've searched and not found much regarding the destination. Any of you guys made the trip to Ft. Kent, ME? I've been to Key West, now I've got the bug to reach the other end of US1, just because.... Along the way, I'm planning to hit as many states as I can from Atlanta, but most maps look like roads can be sketchy from Bangor North.. Any suggestions??

Tee&Vee 07-26-2016 09:03 PM

Never did that so I can't say. Please add some pics when you complete the
journey.
Tom

HGM 07-26-2016 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tee⋁15359977
Never did that so I can't say. Please add some pics when you complete the
journey.
Tom

Will do, been covering some ground since I put her together..

98hotrodfatboy 07-27-2016 06:22 AM

Your gonna love the ride along Route 1. Once you leave the Portland area It hugs the southern coast to New Brunswick Then heads straight north. Lots of small towns along the way. Never really goes through Bangor. I've never been on Route 1 to far above Portland but could imagine how sweet it would be.... I wonder if there is a sign in Fort Kent stating "The Beginning of US Route 1" or "The End Of US Route 1". Let us know and lots of Pic's....Have a safe journey and enjoy man.....

HGM 07-27-2016 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy (Post 15360649)
Your gonna love the ride along Route 1. Once you leave the Portland area It hugs the southern coast to New Brunswick Then heads straight north. Lots of small towns along the way. Never really goes through Bangor. I've never been on Route 1 to far above Portland but could imagine how sweet it would be.... I wonder if there is a sign in Fort Kent stating "The Beginning of US Route 1" or "The End Of US Route 1". Let us know and lots of Pic's....Have a safe journey and enjoy man.....

It sure sounds great, I've got time and this is the first leg of the trip.. If it takes longer than expected, this is still the "main" destination.. I'm pretty stoked, just trying to figure out what to expect.. Did the outer banks, ferry and all, on the way to get a Philly Cheese Steak in March, all without too much planning. That was a blast.. I'm hoping this goes as smooth..

Apparently, its marked pretty well.
http://www.usends.com/Focus/FtKent/index.html

98hotrodfatboy 07-27-2016 11:47 AM

Let me know when your approaching ny. If my bike is back together by then maybe well hook up for a little ride...

Crashone 07-27-2016 12:54 PM

It's some nice country out that way. I'm heading up to middle coastal Maine this weekend, wish I was riding! You may want to post over in general chat or off topic to get more mileage out of this.

HGM 07-27-2016 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy (Post 15361586)
Let me know when your approaching ny. If my bike is back together by then maybe well hook up for a little ride...

Sounds good, I'm still working out the details, but it looks like I'll be close, riding from Scranton, PA to Portsmouth, NH on Sunday the 7th.. Its all subject to change based on how I feel, traffic and weather.. Don't really plan to go into the city at all, more drama than I'm looking for on this trip ;) Definitely let me know if you want to hook up, I could always use pointers on roads and eating establishments.. haha...

On a side note, I spoke with the HD dealer up there and he said "no worries, people do it all the time 'eh"... Also found out that I can jump the border with my birth certificate and drivers license, so the trip continues to change..

HGM 07-27-2016 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Crashone (Post 15361774)
It's some nice country out that way. I'm heading up to middle coastal Maine this weekend, wish I was riding! You may want to post over in general chat or off topic to get more mileage out of this.

I'm sure you're right, just prefer talking to you guys here.. :icon_toast:

Crashone 07-27-2016 12:56 PM

We just posted about the same time. If you have time look up the Owls Head car museum. They usually have a few old bikes and I think airplanes there as well. Cool little place with a bunch of neat rides.